Dow Center Policies
Use of the Dow Center:
1. Use only the northwest door (facing 13th Street) for admittance.
2. You must show your ID EVERY TIME you enter the Dow. (whether for class, practice, meeting, workout). If you lose it, you need to stop by the office to get on the lost card list, and will need to show your drivers license to get into the Dow.
3. Guests may enter the Dow Center, accompanied by a member, at a cost
of $10 per visit. There is a maximum of two guests per member.
3. Hope College classes, intramurals, events, and athletic teams have first priority in usage of the building.
4. Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
5. Children using the pool must be toilet trained.
6. Questions concerning gym, pool, or racquetball court availability should
be directed to the equipment room at 395-7702.
Racquetball and Wallyball Courts:
1. The reservation of a court for racquetball or wallyball is free,
but must be made the day before or the day of play only.
2. ONLY racquetball and wallyball are allowed in the courts. No other activities or sports.
2. You must call the equipment room at 395-7702 to make your reservation.
3. The use of protective eyewear is strongly encouraged.
Use of Lockers:
1. Members may bring in their own lock and use any open and available locker to put thier belongings in while working out. However, you must take your lock and belongings with you when you have completed your workout unless you purchase a locker for overnight storage.
Only people who have gone to the Dow Office and paid a locker rental fee can use a locker for
overnight storage. ($45/year)
2. The Dow does not sell or rent locks. You must provide your own lock if renting a locker for overnight use (or if using one during your workout).