|hope college > student activities > intramural sports|
Coed Ultimate Frisbee Rules
Maximum roster size: 15
1. Description. Ultimate is a non-contact sport played by two seven player teams. The object of the game is to score goals. The disc may only be moved by passing, as the thrower is not allowed to take any steps. Any time a pass is incomplete, intercepted, knocked down, or contacts an out-of-bounds area, a turnover occurs, resulting in an immediate change of possession of the disc. A goal is scored when a player successfully passes the disc to a teammate in the end zone which that team is attacking.
2. A 10 second stall count will be enforced.
3. Spirit of the Game. Ultimate has traditionally relied upon a spirit of sportsmanship which places the responsibility of fair play on the player. Competitive play is encouraged but never at the expense of the bond of mutual respect between players, adherence to the agreed upon rules of the game, or the basic joy of play. Protection of these vital elements serves to eliminate adverse conduct from the ultimate field. Such actions as taunting, dangerous aggression, intentional fouling, or other "win-at-all-costs" behavior are contrary to the spirit of the game and will notbe tolerated.
4. Captain’s Clause. A game may be played under any variations of the rules agreed upon by the captains of the two teams. In tournament play, such variations are subject to the approval of the IM supervisor.
5. Game Length. The game will consist of two 25-minute halves. If tied at the end of regulation, there will be an overtime period (not sudden death) to the end of the scheduled time. If still ties, the game ends in a tie.
6. Team Format. Captains may decide on the number of players. There will be a maximum of seven players (no more than four of one sex may play at a time), and a minimum of three players, or a team must forfeit. If the captains cannot agree, the default number will be seven players.