|hope college > student activities > intramural sports|
Women's Indoor Soccer Rules
Minimum players on court/roster: 3
1. The basic rules of soccer set forth in the NCAA Rule book will be used (no hand balls, pushing, etc.). A legal roster may have as many current Varsity or JV soccer players on it (this includes seniors who have finished their 4th year). HOWEVER, there can only be one (and ONLY one) of them on the court at any given time. If no active Varsity or JV players are on the roster, then a maximum of two former Varsity or JV volleyball players may be on the court at a time. If there IS an active Varsity/JV player then only ONE former player and ONE current player may be on the court at a time.
a. Rule Exception #1 - There will be no offside rule.
b. Rule Exception #2 - There will be no out-of-bounds, i.e. everything is in play except when the ball goes into a neighboring basketball court. The team that did not touch the ball last puts it into play with a free kick on the side line where it went out of bounds.
2. Rules specific to our gym:
a. There is no specific goalkeeper but someone may guard the goal while playing defense. When guarding the goal, you must remain outside a 2 foot radius of the goal. NO STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GOAL.
b. No black-soled shoes allowed in gym. Bring a 2nd pair of shoes to prevent the floor from getting wet.
c. The ball must enter the Pugg goal to score. Shots that bounce off the wall before being shot are permitted. Balls that lodge in the back side of the Pugg goal will be put into play with a defense kick.
d. If a hand ball occurs immediately in front of the goal -- whether intentionally or unintentionally -- a free kick will occur from the three-point line as drawn on the basketball floor. There are to be no wall of defenders trying to deflect this shot. It is truly a free kick. However, if a hand ball occurs up to three feet away from the goal, revert back to normal soccer rules.
3. Time and player specification:
a. 2 20-minute halves with a running clock. 5 minute break for half time. Ties will stand in the regular season. Playoffs will have a sudden death overtime.
b. A maximum of five players will play for a team at one time. You must have a minimum of three players on a team. A forfeit will be called if there are six players on the floor.
c. No time outs may be called.
d. Forfeit time is ten minutes past scheduled game time.
e. Substitutes may be made at any time provided they do not take advantage of the situation.
4. Intentional or blatant fouls will result in immediate dismissal from the game (red card).
5. PARTICIPATION RULES: All teams are expected to follow IM Participation Rules which means that the team must be dressed and ready to play (lineup properly recorded) at game time. All members of your team must show their Hope ID at sign-in. No contest may begin 10 minutes after its start time.
7. SPORTSMANSHIP RULES: IM Sportsmanship Rules will be strictly enforced. Rosters will be checked regularly. Unsportsmanlike action will NOT be tolerated.