|hope college > student activities > intramural sports|
Doubles Racquetball Rules
1. The rules set forth by AARA racquetball will be followed.
2. Each team will be composed of two players (allowed one alternate, 3 total).
3. Each contest consists of doubles play. Points are given only on the serve. Teams must alternate shots between teams during doubles play.
4. A game is played to 15 points with a two-point winning margin. Tiebreaker (if necessary) will be played to 11 points with a two-point winning margin.
5. The team winning two of the three matches will be declared the victor.
6. START: To determine server of the first game, a player will stand an arm's length from the back wall and will hit the ball to the front wall. The player who gets the first bounce closest to the back service line is the first server.
7. SERVICE: The ball must be bounced and must be hit after the first bounce. Neither foot may be beyond either of the two lines until the ball is contacted on serve. In doubles, Team A (the team that won first serve) has one person serve until done. Then Team B has both players service until done. Then Team A has both players serve until done, etc.
8. REST PERIODS: No more than five minutes between games.
9. Game scores will be reported on the clipboard in the ER. Players will call their own games.