Dr. Donald BrugginkSenior Research Fellow
Donald began his tenure as Senior Research Fellow at the Van Raalte Institute in 2004. A principal part of his research involves the editing and publication of historical works relating to the Dutch in North America, Europe, and throughout the world.
As founding editor of the Historical Series of the Reformed Church in America since 1968, 42 titles have been published by the Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, often in cooperation with the Van Raalte Press, Jacob Nyenhuis, editor, and Origins Studies in Dutch-American History.
- Ph.D., New College, University of Edinburgh, 1956
- BD, Western Theological Seminary, 1954
- BA, Central College, 1951
HONORS, GRANTS, AWARDS, & PUBLISHED WORK
- Recognition by the General Synod of the Reformed Church in America as General Editor of the Historical Series of the Reformed Church in America, 2016, 2008, 2003
- Festschrift: Tools for Understanding, Essays in Honor of Donald J. Bruggink, 2008
- DD, Central College, 2004
Donald loves Hope’s Christian commitment, its academic excellence and its commitments to diversity and to the Holland community.
Donald has enjoyed creating, organizing and leading a total of 57 international seminars for Western Theological Seminary; the Interfaith Forum on Religion, Art, and Architecture; Faith & Forum; and the American Institute of Architects. He is interested in architecture, and published Christ and Architecture in 1965.