Alumni, families, students and friends are invited to one big weekend full of events on October 22-23, 2021. This combination of Homecoming and Family Weekend
will celebrate Hope's past, present and future as we bring the entire Hope community
Friday, October 22
8:30 am - 5 pm | Stop by the Hope College Bookstore
9 am - 3 pm | Alumni of Color Advisory Council Meeting
9 am - 4:30 pm | Parents' Council and Alumni Board Meetings
10 am - 4 pm | Kruizenga Art Museum Exhibits
- Color, Texture, Form: Modern European and American Art from the Brummel Collection
- Native American Art: Recent Acquisitions from the Kruizenga Art Museum Collection
10:30 am | Chapel
12:30 pm | Alumni of Color General Body Meeting | Bultman Student Center Great Room
3 - 4 pm | Hope In The [Real] World: 10 Under 10 Young Alumni Panel | Graves Hall, Winants Auditorium
- The recipients of the 10 Under 10 Awards all graduated within the past 10 years and will be honored for being emerging leaders and making significant contributions in their local and global communities. Learn about their educational and professional journeys, their thoughts on the value, meaning, and impact of their liberal arts education on their lives and calling, and consider the advice they have for future and current Hope students.
5 pm | Summer Science Camp Staff Reunion | Schaap Science Center 1118
5 - 9 pm | Hope on 8th Street | Courtyard Marriott Lobby | 121 East 8th Street
- The excitement of One Big Weekend and the energy of Downtown Holland come together for this special event. Check in at the event center in the Courtyard Marriott to pick up your passport deal book and enjoy free treats at our food trucks. Meet up with your family, friends and classmates before you visit downtown Holland venues for dinner, drinks, desserts and amazing deals that last all weekend long.
5 - 9 pm | Donut Run 5K Packet Pick-Up | Courtyard Marriott Lobby | 121 East 8th Street
7 - 9 pm | 10 Under 10 Soirée | CityVū | 61 East 7th Street
- Alumni, students, families and friends are invited to celebrate at the 10 Under 10 Soirée on the 5th floor of CityFlats Hotel. You’ll celebrate with the 10 Under 10 award recipients in a casual meet-and-greet setting with appetizers and a cash bar. No registration is required and you may come and go as you please.
7:30 pm | Homecoming Gala Concert | Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts
7:30 pm | Hope Hockey vs. Trine University | Griff's IceHouse West
- Don't miss the National Championship Banner Unveiling Ceremony happening just before
Saturday, October 23
7:30 - 8:30 am | Donut Run 5K Packet Pick-Up | Ray & Sue Smith Stadium
9 am | One Big Weekend Donut Run 5K | Ray & Sue Smith Stadium
- Run (and eat donuts) for the kids! This family-friendly race brings runners on a tour of campus with a finish on the 50-yard line of the football field. And we won’t make you wait until the end for a sweet treat - you’ll be offered donut holes at every mile! Registration includes chip timing, a long sleeve t-shirt you’ll want to live in, and of course, donuts! All proceeds benefit Hope College Dance Marathon, which raises money for Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
11 am - 1 pm | One Big Weekend Afternoon Bash | Green Space between Bultman Student Center and DeWitt
- Join alumni, families and students for this family-friendly afternoon party. Located outside between the Bultman Student Center and DeWitt, guests can stop in anytime between 11 am – 1 pm to pick up their boxed lunch (pre-ordered), decorate pumpkins and rocks, enjoy some fall treats, grab some Hope swag and purchase their cozy Hope spirit blanket to stay warm at the football and soccer games later in the day. Fun for all ages!
11 am - 1 pm | Boerigter Center for Calling and Career Open House
- What's new in the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career? Come see our interactive map highlighting jobs and alumni around the world. Join the Hope College Connection - a network for alumni and parents to share advice with students. Kids of all ages can draw and hang pictures showing THEIR career plans! Plus, learn about Hope's vision for renovating the old Kletz and creating our new home for the Future of Work.
11 am - 1 pm | Athletics Garage Sale | Maas Conference
- Stop by and stock up on gently used athletics apparel!
11 am - 4 pm | Stop by the Hope College Bookstore
12 pm | Baker Scholar Alumni Lunch
12 pm | Women's Soccer vs. Kalamazoo | Van Andel Soccer Stadium
1:30 pm | H-Club Reception | Heeringa Athletic Center Skydeck
2 pm | Homecoming Football Game vs. Adrian | Ray & Sue Smith Stadium
5:30 - 8:30 pm | Anchor Camp for Kids Ages 4-11 | Schaap Science Center
6 - 8 pm | Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 1-Year Reunion | Holland Civic Center | 150 West 8th Street
- Join your classmates to celebrate your journey from student to alumni at this unique 1-year reunion experience in a classic downtown venue. Enjoy heavy appetizers, orange and blue cocktails at the cash bar, photo booth by Smitten Booth, great swag and fun ways to interact and socialize.
6 - 8 pm | Class of 2011 and Class of 2010 10-Year Reunion | Holland Civic Center | 150 West 8th Street
- Join members of the Classes of 2011 and 2010 to celebrate two 10-year reunions in
one! You’ll enjoy a chic evening in the amazingly renovated Holland Civic Center that will include heavy appetizers, orange and blue cocktails at the cash bar, photo
booth by Smitten Booth, great swag and fun ways to interact and socialize.
6 - 8 pm | Class of 2001 and Class of 2000 20-Year Reunion | Brew Merchant | 442 Washington Ave.
- Join members of the Classes of 2001 and 2000 to celebrate two 20-year reunions in one! You’ll enjoy a chic evening Brew Merchant in Washington Square that will include heavy appetizers, unique beers and specialty wines and cocktails at the cash bar, photo booth by Smitten Booth, great swag and fun ways to interact and socialize.
7 pm | Men's Soccer vs. Calvin | Van Andel Soccer Stadium
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 2Holland, MI 49423