The Hope College Health Center:
Your Medical Professionals on Campus
The Health Center will open for student appointments on August 31. Please call us at 616.395.7585 to schedule an appointment.
- Minor injury including sprains, strains, and minor fractures
- Minor lacerations and wound care
- Sexually transmitted infections
- And more!
- Vaccine administration
- Routine Hope-required vaccines
- Influenza vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Annual women’s health exams
- Physicals for travel, camp, work or sports
- TB testing
- Consultation with our registered dietician
- Athletic training
- On-going collaboration for health management with your Primary Health Provider while you are here at Hope
- Coordination of mental health services
- Customized travel report
- Travel vaccines
- Malaria prophylaxis
- Travel prophylaxis
Our providers include medical doctors, physician assistants and registered nurses. We treat most college health concerns. When specialty care is needed, you may be referred to a local provider. All currently enrolled, full- and part-time, degree-seeking students are eligible to use our confidential services for their health care.
- Services offered
- Acute illness
- Chronic illness – co-management with your specialist
- Mental health concerns
- Physicals for study abroad, camp, work
- Women's annual exams (e.g., pap testing, self-breast exam)
- STD testing
- Tuberculosis testing
- Immunizations, including for travel
- Laboratory processing with an order from your home physician
- Assessment of injuries
- Allergy serum – We refer all students needing this service to Allergy Centers of SW Michigan, 616.392.8877
- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA, or the Buckley Amendment), which requires that colleges and universities protect the privacy of student records, it is Hope College’s policy NOT to release non-directory information (including medical records) to anyone other than the student, unless the student has given us express written permission to do so. Please note that this limitation includes parents and guardians.
- A student may request to sign our release of information form if they would like us to speak with anyone concerning any of their visits.
- If you wish to do this, be sure to ask to sign this release at the time of your visit to save you from making a trip back!
- Specific Health Concerns
If you have health concerns that you would like to speak with someone about before or when you arrive to Hope College:
- We strongly encourage those with serious or newly diagnosed health concerns to schedule an appointment to develop a “college health care” plan.
- Call 616.395.7585 to schedule a time to meet with someone.
- It would be helpful to have a summary of your condition from your physician to keep in your medical chart here.
Dow Center168 East 13th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423