We provide individualized medical care and campus-wide education for our students.
- Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1–4:30 p.m.
Our providers include medical doctors, a physician assistant and registered nurses. We treat most college health concerns. When speciality care is needed, you may be referred to a local provider. All currently enrolled, full- and part-time, degree-seeking students are eligible to use our confidential services for their health care.
Make an appointment
Call 616.395.7585 to schedule an appointment.
Most appointments can be made within one–three days. Call early for a better chance of getting an appointment that works best with your schedule.
Appointments are available 8:30–11:30 a.m. and 1–3:30 p.m.
The Health Center is closed during college breaks.
- Services offered
- Acute illness
- Chronic illness – co-management with your specialist
- Mental health concerns
- Physicals for study abroad, camp, work
- Women's annual exams (e.g., pap testing, self-breast exam)
- STD testing
- Tuberculosis testing
- Immunizations, including for travel
- Laboratory processing with an order from your home physician
- Assessment of injuries
- Allergy serum – We refer all students needing this service to Allergy Centers of SW Michigan, 616.392.8877
- Appointment policies
Please arrive at your appointment on time. Late arrivals may need to be rescheduled.
We want to accommodate you, but in order to provide the best service, our patients are scheduled by appointment. If you want to walk-in, we are happy to help you schedule an appointment based on urgency and availability.
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call and let us know as soon as possible so that we may open the appointment for another student with medical needs. Each time a patient misses an appointment without providing proper notice, another patient is prevented from receiving care.
- First missed appointment: You will receive an email reminding you that you missed a scheduled appointment. You may call to reschedule.
- Second missed appointment: You will receive an email reminding you that you have missed a second scheduled appointment during this school year and that a $30 fee has been placed on your student account. Your may call to reschedule.
- Third missed appointment: You will received an email reminding you that you have missed your third appointment during this school year and that a $60 fee will be placed on your student account. You may reschedule, but you will be worked in as time allows.
The Health Center does not provide out-of-class notes. Students who have been seen at the Health Center could share their discharge notes for proof of illness.
- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA, or the Buckley Amendment), which requires that colleges and universities protect the privacy of student records, it is Hope College’s policy NOT to release non-directory information (including medical records) to anyone other than the student, unless the student has given us express written permission to do so. Please note that this limitation includes parents and guardians.
- A student may request to sign our release of information form if they would like us to speak with anyone concerning any of their visits.
- If you wish to do this, be sure to ask to sign this release at the time of your visit to save you from making a trip back!
- Specific Health Concerns
If you have health concerns that you would like to speak with someone about before or when you arrive to Hope College:
- We strongly encourage those with serious or newly diagnosed health concerns to schedule an appointment to develop a “college health care” plan.
- Call 616.395.7585 to schedule a time to meet with someone.
- It would be helpful to have a summary of your condition from your physician to keep in your medical chart here.
Dow Center168 East 13th StreetFloor 1Holland, MI 49423