Thank you for your interest in working at Hope College!
- NOTICE OF NON DISCRIMINATION
Hope College seeks to be a community that affirms the dignity of all persons as bearers of God’s image. It is Hope College policy not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, family status, genetic information, height, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or weight, except in the event of a bona fide occupational qualification. Hope College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The following person has been designated to respond to inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy:
Sara Dorer, Equal Opportunity and Compliance Coordinator
141 East 12th Street (220 DeWitt)
Holland, MI 49422-9000
For further information, you can contact the local Office of Civil Rights at:
Office for Civil Rights (Cleveland Office), U.S. Department of Education
1350 Euclid Avenue, Suite 325
Cleveland, OH 44115-1812
- Guidelines for Hope College Candidates response to Mission statement
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Hope College. As most of our applicants (like many of our current faculty/staff) have had no association with a church-affiliated college before applying for a position here, many of them have questions about the Christian nature of the institution. As it may not be addressed elsewhere in your application please devote particular attention to the Christian aspect of the mission and your personal engagement with faith and/or faith community.
Specifically, please include the following in your response to the mission statement:
- A statement reflecting on the mission statement of Hope College. The mission statement is printed below and more details can be found at https://hope.edu/about/mission.html. The purpose of this request is not to elicit a preconceived response, but to help committee members understand how you see yourself participating in the mission of this college community.
The mission of Hope College is to educate students for lives of leadership and service in a global society through academic and co-curricular programs of recognized excellence, in the liberal arts and in the context of the historic Christian faith.
In your response, please address each element of the mission, including global engagement (your investment in equipping students for lives of leadership and service in a diverse global society; up to 1 page max) and rooting one’s work in the context of the historic Christian faith (how you see your engagement with the ecumenical Christian identity of the college and how you would contribute to the Christian mission of Hope College; up to 1 page max).
You might consider using the following questions to help frame your response:
- Considering your disciplinary training, your professional experiences and your personal
background, how might you work to contribute to the mission of Hope College?
- What would you bring to Hope College to help fulfill the mission, and what might the community of Hope College provide you?
- Notice of FilingPursuant to 20 CFR §655.734(a)(1)(ii)
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 210Holland, MI 49423