Hope College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
Hope has accreditation or program approval from:
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Dance
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Theatre.
Hope College's teacher education programs are individually approved by the Michigan Department of Education. In November 2019, Hope College was granted full accreditation through the Council of Accreditation for Teacher Preparation (CAEP) for seven years through 2026. This is the maximum any teacher prep institution can earn and was the result of meeting ALL teacher preparation standards. The 7-year self-study for CAEP was completed last year and was followed up by a visit from five educators from all over the county who reviewed that study in February 2019. Their report was reviewed and the final accreditation decision was made by the CAEP Accreditation Council. The full accreditation through CAEP covers all preparation programs. The college maintains memberships in the Michigan Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (MACTE) and the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE).
- Grad Survey
Hope graduates are educated to think about important issues with clarity, wisdom and a deep understanding of the foundational commitments of the Christian faith. They make an impact at organizations, companies and graduate schools around the country and abroad.
- Six-Year Graduation Rates
Cohort Year Six-Year Grad Rate 2003 79.3% 2004 78.0% 2005 79.1% 2006 77.7% 2007 78.1% 2008 79.6% 2009 75.9% 2010 79.1% 2011 80.3
National Average: < 60%
(National Center for Education Statistics)
- First-Year Retention Rates
Cohort Year First Year 2009 86.8% 2010 89.4% 2011 88.9% 2012 88.3% 2013 90.4% 2014 86.5% 2015 89.3% 2016 88.1%
National average: < 75%
(Digest of Education Statistics Retention of first-time degree seeking undergraduates at degree-granting postsecondary institutions Table 326.30)
- Contact HLC
Below is the contact information for the Higher Learning Commission if there is a need to file a concern/complaint:
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604
800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456