Hope College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association.
Hope has professional accreditations from:
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Dance
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Theatre.
Hope College's teacher education programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education. Presently, Hope College is nationally accredited through The Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC), and this summer, completed its 7-year self study for the Council of Accreditation for Teacher Preparation (CAEP). Full accreditation through CAEP is expected by May 2019. This accreditation covers all preparation programs. The college maintains memberships in the Michigan Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (MACTE) and the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE).
- Grad Survey
Hope graduates are educated to think about important issues with clarity, wisdom and a deep understanding of the foundational commitments of the Christian faith. They make an impact at organizations, companies and graduate schools around the country and abroad.
- Six-Year Graduation Rates
Cohort Year Six-Year Grad Rate 2003 79.3% 2004 78.0% 2005 79.1% 2006 77.7% 2007 78.1% 2008 79.6% 2009 75.9% 2010 79.1% 2011 80.3
National Average: < 60%
(National Center for Education Statistics)
- First-Year Retention Rates
Cohort Year First Year 2009 86.8% 2010 89.4% 2011 88.9% 2012 88.3% 2013 90.4% 2014 86.5% 2015 89.3% 2016 88.1%
National average: < 75%
(Digest of Education Statistics Retention of first-time degree seeking undergraduates at degree-granting postsecondary institutions Table 326.30)
- Contact HLC
Below is the contact information for the Higher Learning Commission if there is a need to file a concern/complaint:
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604
800.621.7440 / 312.263.0456