The Center for Diversity and Inclusion empowers students to excel academically and flourish as socially responsible members in a diverse world.
We provide opportunities, resources and advocacy in partnership with the greater Hope College community to promote a Christ-centered culture of equity and inclusion.
A Message from CDI About Coronavirus
We hope this message finds each of you well and healthy, and our thoughts and prayers are with you. This epidemic has impacted our nation and world in a way that we have never experienced before, causing a great deal of chaos, uncertainty and anxiety for everyone. We encourage you to remain calm, faithful and safe, knowing that God is still in complete control. We are still available to connect with you as needed. The best way to reach us is directly is through our email at:
For ongoing coronavirus-related information from Hope College on COVID-19, visit hope.edu/coronavirus.
- Our community will live and learn together authentically, compassionately and responsibly as influencers for positive social change in our increasingly diverse world.
- Guiding Principles
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are:
- Inspired by the historic, ecumenical Christian faith and its call for love and justice
- Grounded in the Virtues of Public Discourse (humility, hospitality, patience, courage and honesty)
- Integral components of the Hope College experience for students, faculty and staff
- Reflective of the dignity and worth of all human beings
- Sources of enrichment and strength for our community
Diverse Perspectives Blog
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion held a prayer dedication of their new office at the Keppel...Read More
Over 500 years ago, European Americans kidnapped Africans and forced them into chattel slavery....Read More
Dear All, Due to all the recent events unfolding in our nation, we can’t imagine how you ar...Read More
On ongoing protests: When did peaceful protests ever change the course of deep-rooted oppression?...Read More
Gloria Lara, executive director of Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance (LEDA) hosted Vanessa Gree...Read More
- View Blog
Bultman Student Center115 East 12th StreetSuite 107Holland, MI 49423
We need to cherish and preserve the ethnic and cultural diversity that nourishes and strengthens this community — and this nation.Cesar Chavez