The Center for Diversity and Inclusion empowers students to excel academically and flourish as socially responsible members in a diverse world.
We provide opportunities, resources and advocacy in partnership with the greater Hope College community to promote a Christ-centered culture of equity and inclusion.
A Message from CDI About Coronavirus
First and foremost, we hope this message finds each of you well and healthy.
In response to President Scogin's email about the closing of campus through April
13, we want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
This epidemic has impacted our nation and world in a way that we have never experienced before, causing a great deal of chaos, uncertainty and anxiety for everyone. With that said, it is unfortunate and disappointing that we will have to cancel the remaining programs and activities for the semester. However, under the circumstances, it is completely out of our control. Programs and activities will come and go, but your protection and safety is our top priority.
We encourage you to remain calm, faithful and safe, knowing that God is still in complete control. As you prepare for this extended time away from campus, please know that you will be in our continuous thoughts and prayers. We are still available to connect with you as needed. The best way to reach us is directly is through our email at:
Vanessa Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jevon Willis: email@example.com
Margo Walters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care, and enjoy your break!
Vanessa, Jevon & Margo
For ongoing information on the status of COVID-19, we encourage you to refer to the Center for Disease Control. It is where you will find the best and most accurate information.
- Our community will live and learn together authentically, compassionately and responsibly as influencers for positive social change in our increasingly diverse world.
- Guiding Principles
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are:
- Inspired by the historic, ecumenical Christian faith and its call for love and justice
- Grounded in the Virtues of Public Discourse (humility, hospitality, patience, courage and honesty)
- Integral components of the Hope College experience for students, faculty and staff
- Reflective of the dignity and worth of all human beings
- Sources of enrichment and strength for our community
Diverse Perspectives Blog
Dear All, Due to all the recent events unfolding in our nation, we can’t imagine how you are f...Read More
On ongoing protests: When did peaceful protests ever change the course of deep-rooted oppression? Th...Read More
Gloria Lara, executive director of Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance (LEDA) hosted Vanessa Greene,...Read More
- View Blog
Bultman Student Center115 East 12th StreetSuite 107Holland, MI 49423
We need to cherish and preserve the ethnic and cultural diversity that nourishes and strengthens this community — and this nation.Cesar Chavez