Careers change. Our commitment to support you never will. The Hope College Alumni Association offers you a variety of opportunities to stay connected and communicate with the alumni network.
As career changes become more frequent, we are continually looking for ways to serve you. There are plenty of opportunities to stay connected and use the Hope network to bring your career to life.
- Online Job Postings
- Hope uses career development software called Handshake to manage job postings for students and alumni. You can upload a resume, view positions and volunteer opportunities, or post a position. Get started today.
- Career Resource Network
The Career Resource Network connects alumni to students and fellow alumni to make informational career connections. Hundreds of exploratory conversations take place each year through the CRN.
Once you indicate that you would like to participate, your contact information becomes searchable to other alumni through the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career and the online alumni directory. Students can also reach out directly to set up a conversation by phone or in person, but only after training with a member of the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career.
Joining the CRN makes your information available through the search but does not guarantee that a student or alumni will contact you. The number of contacts is based on the mutual interests of the student and alumni.
If you no longer wish to be included in the CRN, email email@example.com and we will remove you from the database.
- DiscoverWork Program
The Hope College DiscoverWork program provides students with a unique opportunity for career exploration. Through an application process students are matched with alumni, parents and friends of the college based on career interest to explore a particular profession and work environment. Different from an internship, DiscoverWork opportunities are short-term, unpaid opportunities to meet with or shadow a professional and gain a first-hand perspective of his or her day-to-day work life.
- Attend company staff meetings
- Assist with projects or complete office tasks
- Conduct informational interviews of professional staff
- Observe client interactions and the functions and duties of a particular career
- Tour the facilities
- Review organization’s mission/vision statement and organizational charts
- Understand office policies and procedures
- Review current trends in the profession
- Explore potential career paths within the organization and the profession
- Meet with key players of the organization
- September: Host Recruitment/Registration ends.
- October: Students submit applications, resumes and letters of interest.
- November: Staff reviews application materials and coordinates review with hosts to rank applicants should more than one student apply for a single opportunity.
- December: Students are notified that they have been matched and confirm participation. Matched students are required to attend a training to receive their host's contact information. All hosts will receive the matched students resume upon selection.
- December–May: Program takes place, to be scheduled individually by the student and host for the amount of time selected by the host.
If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact Megan Scheldt.
- LinkedIn is a free online network of more than 100 million experienced professionals from around the world. If you are working in the professional arena, looking for a job or a change in career, or simply interested in connecting with other professionals, building a profile on the Hope College Alumni Network can help you find (and be found by) former classmates, colleagues, clients and partners.
- Networking Events
- The Alumni Association hosts events to connect members of the Hope community throughout the year. “Living and Working In” events and job fairs are organized in partnership with the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career. Other social events are held on campus and around the world. Check out our upcoming alumni events.
- Boerigter Center for Calling and Career
- The Hope College Boerigter Center for Calling and Career provides alumni with services related to career planning, information and tips on gaining relevant experience.
- Graduate Survey
- To examine how graduates succeed after college, Hope conducts an annual Graduate Survey within six months of graduation.