Hope College is stronger when families are engaged in the life of the college. We invite you to be part of our community while your student attends Hope.
Greetings Hope families!
The Office of Family Engagement exists to make your student’s time here a positive experience for the entire family. We are grateful that you are a part of our community while your student attends Hope, and we know that sending your child away from home comes with some anxiety and stress. Thank you for trusting Hope to take the best care of them. We know topics like choosing a major, career discernment, mental health, making friends and social pressures are all part of your student’s reality. This website provides links and information to campus resources to help you support them with their needs as they arise and change.
Whether you live nearby or thousands of miles away, there are many ways to be involved in the life of the college.
- Events like Orientation/Move-In Weekend and One Big Virtual Weekend: Homecoming and Family Weekend are a great chance to visit campus.
- Virtual Family Access chats provide families access to campus leaders several times each school year.
- Communication like the Family Newsletter, Campus Health updates and Campus Ministries prayer list make it easy to stay connected to the news and needs on campus.
- You can even sign up for the Hope College Connection to serve as a resource to all Hope students, or the Hope College Book Club to interact with other families, alumni and fans of Hope.
Hope College is stronger when families are engaged in the life of the college. Our goal is to make life easier for you as you walk this journey with your children as they conquer four of the most impactful years of their lives. Cheers to you for your support and the work you put in to get them to this part of their life.
Director of Alumni & Family Engagement
Recent Blog Posts
Thanks for joining us for Family Access Chats this semester. Here are the recordings in case you ...Read More
In writing this blog post, I attempted a variety of introductions that would provide just the rig...Read More
Thanks for joining us for One Big Virtual Weekend! Here’s the recording of the Family Open ...Read More
Hello Hope Families! Are you looking for a way to treat your Hope student? While we all wish that...Read More
The Family Engagement team is excited to share plans for two virtual events for current parents t...Read More
Dear Parents and Families, Greetings from the Hope College Parents’ Council! As co-chairs of th...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 11Years of Program Service
Hope has had an intentional parent and family engagement program for over 11 years.Meet the staff
- 95%Graduates at Work or Grad School
The percentage of the graduating class that was in the workforce or graduate school within six months.Learn More
- 8,000+Hope College Donors
When you make a gift to Hope, you are joining more than 8,000 others who share your strong commitment and contribute to Hope’s success each year.Learn More
- 60+Events for Alumni and Families
There are tons of events for alumni and families hosted by the Alumni Engagement team during the yearLearn More