Summer Break 2018
Counseling and Psychological Services will be closed June 1–August 15, 2018. First available appointments are the first day of classes.
Emergencies include medical emergencies, sexual assault, partner violence, attempted suicide or immediate suicidal threat. Do not transport a suicidal student in your own vehicle. You can reach Campus Safety at 616.395.7770.
Counseling & Other Services
The Center for Women in Transition (616.392.2829) is a 24-hour crisis service that offers medical and counseling care in the case of sexual assault or partner violence.
In the event of a counseling concern, please contact the appropriate community service. You will need your insurance information when you call to schedule an appointment.
- Holland Hospital’s Behavioral Health, 616.355.3926
- Pathways, 616.396.2301
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, 616.820.3780
- Bethany Christian Services of Holland, 616.396.0623
- Holland Free Health Clinic, 616.392.3610
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides a wealth of services and is free for any degree-seeking student.
Many students experience personal, relational, spiritual, social or academic difficulties they cannot fully resolve on their own. We offer tools to help you:
- Address personal problems that interfere with academic success
- Adjust to college life, pressures and changes
- Resolve life crises that threaten success in college
- Explore questions of faith and how that impacts daily living
- Cope with problems which stem from medical or physical concerns
- Provide referral for medication evaluation
- Succeed in college while coping with mental illness
Our team provides individual and group therapy for students, orientation for parents, training for faculty and staff, and stress-reducing events during exam weeks.
Would you like to know more? Call our office (616.395.7945) to schedule a time to speak to a CAPS staff counselor. After a few initial questions, you'll hear about opportunities and work with our professional team to determine next steps.
Bultman Student Center115 East 12th StreetSuite 203Holland, MI 49423