Flourishing programs in 90+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. 96% employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,057 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2019–20 costs for tuition, room and board total $45,960. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $4,500–$22,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
By Kristin Diekevers ’07, Associate Director of Admissions Ahhhh, the changing of the seasons. We ...Read More
“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” —Hebrews 6:19 Hope College: a ...Read More
For many high school seniors and their families, the college selection process includes a comparison...Read More
Paying for college is a big concern for many families, but fear not: as you may have heard, there’...Read More
Hope is a school filled with both goofy and revered traditions (which is part of the reason I was so...Read More
Fraternities and sororities are a huge part of going to college in America. No matter where you go t...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 11:1Student:Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean close collaboration and positive relationships between students and faculty.Academic Programs
- 300+Off-Campus Study Opportunities
With semester, year-long and short-term opportunities, you have access to hundreds of off-campus academic study programs in the U.S. and abroad.Find Your Program
- 80+Student Groups
So you’re interested in comedy? Campus governance? Concerts? Club sports? Creative writing? We have a group for that — and so much more.Student Organizations
- #11Right Choice
The Wall Street Journal ranked Hope #11 for the number of students who said “yes” when asked, “If you could start over, would you still choose this college?”See our rankings