Flourishing programs in 90+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. 94% employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,150 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2019–20 costs for tuition, room and board total $45,960. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $4,500–$22,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
Deciding where to go to college was just as stressful and scary as it was exciting. What if I made t...Read More
I figured out a while ago that I should spend my life solving problems and so I’m pursuing enginee...Read More
When your parents first drop you off at Hope, it is hard to imagine that you might not want to go ba...Read More
Picture it: You are a high school graduate ready to make “the big move” to become a college stud...Read More
Going into the college search, there were a lot of things I didn’t know. There seemed to be a whol...Read More
I constantly receive questions about how and why I ended up in Michigan all the way from Texas. Peop...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 11:1Student:Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean close collaboration and positive relationships between students and faculty.Academic Programs
- 300+Off-Campus Study Opportunities
With semester, year-long and short-term opportunities, you have access to hundreds of off-campus academic study programs in the U.S. and abroad.Find Your Program
- 80+Student Groups
So you’re interested in comedy? Campus governance? Concerts? Club sports? Creative writing? We have a group for that — and so much more.Student Organizations
- #11Right Choice
The Wall Street Journal ranked Hope #11 for the number of students who said “yes” when asked, “If you could start over, would you still choose this college?”See our rankings