We are #KeepingHope
Flourishing programs in 90+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. 96% employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,057 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2020–21 costs for tuition, room and board total $47,590. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $5,000–$24,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Anchor Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
Hope College is located in one of the best towns along the lakeshore… Holland, MI! There ar...Read More
Growing up, I was involved in many activities in my community, one of which included my church’...Read More
Students at Hope College are highly encouraged to study off-campus at some point throughout their...Read More
With just over three thousand students on Hope College’s campus, there are many who come fr...Read More
At Hope College, there is always something for students to get involved in! On the last day of Or...Read More
Living in the residence halls on campus is always one of the best parts of freshman year. With el...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 11:1Student:Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean close collaboration and positive relationships between students and faculty.Academic Programs
- 300+Off-Campus Study Opportunities
With semester, year-long and short-term opportunities, you have access to hundreds of off-campus academic study programs in the U.S. and abroad.Find Your Program
- 80+Student Groups
So you’re interested in comedy? Campus governance? Concerts? Club sports? Creative writing? We have a group for that — and so much more.Student Organizations
- #11Right Choice
The Wall Street Journal ranked Hope #11 for the number of students who said “yes” when asked, “If you could start over, would you still choose this college?”See our rankings