Flourishing programs in 90+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. 94% employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,150 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2019–20 costs for tuition, room and board total $45,960. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $4,500–$22,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
For many high school seniors and their families, the college selection process includes a comparison...Read More
Paying for college is a big concern for many families, but fear not: as you may have heard, there’...Read More
Hope is a school filled with both goofy and revered traditions (which is part of the reason I was so...Read More
Fraternities and sororities are a huge part of going to college in America. No matter where you go t...Read More
I love residential life on Hope College’s campus maybe just a little too much. Over the last three...Read More
Feel like you’re swimming in questions about searching for the right college? You’re not alone! ...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 11:1Student:Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean close collaboration and positive relationships between students and faculty.Academic Programs
- 300+Off-Campus Study Opportunities
With semester, year-long and short-term opportunities, you have access to hundreds of off-campus academic study programs in the U.S. and abroad.Find Your Program
- 80+Student Groups
So you’re interested in comedy? Campus governance? Concerts? Club sports? Creative writing? We have a group for that — and so much more.Student Organizations
- #11Right Choice
The Wall Street Journal ranked Hope #11 for the number of students who said “yes” when asked, “If you could start over, would you still choose this college?”See our rankings