Flourishing programs in 90+ disciplines. A vibrant Christian mission. $50 million in new campus construction. 96% employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
There’s never been a better time to consider Hope College.
Let’s start by answering the question that brought you here – why Hope? As you may imagine, we’ve got many answers, but, for starters:
- A friendly and welcoming community of 3,057 students and 358 professors
- Recognized leadership in undergraduate research, scholarship and preparation for graduate school and the workplace
- A vibrant Christian character with many opportunities to grow spiritually, yet very few requirements
- NCAA Division III athletics overflow with true student-athletes and exceptional support from the campus and Holland communities
- Holland is a beautiful college town – our award-winning downtown is just blocks from campus, and stunning Lake Michigan beaches are just a 10-minute drive from Hope
Costs & Financial Aid
Our 2020–21 costs for tuition, room and board total $47,590. We offer academic scholarships ranging from $5,000–$24,000 per year, as well as Distinguished Artist Awards for music, art, dance, theatre and creative writing. 95% of Hope students receive merit and/or need-based financial aid.
Apply for Admission
You’ll apply to Hope College using the Common Application. If your application is complete by November 1 in your senior year, you’ll hear back from us the week of Thanksgiving. After November 1 we move to rolling admission.
Schedule a Campus Visit
We host many prospective students and their families on scheduled Visit Days and can arrange personalized individual visits and overnight stays on campus as well. We also host a number of special visit experiences throughout the year. Learn more.
Recent Posts from Hope's Student Blogs
By: Andie Alsgaard As I was doing my college visits as a senior in high school, I constantly found m...Read More
* Note: This post is updated annually in January for newly admitted students. It’s a new year! And...Read More
No need to be in denial, missing your pets while at college is a real thing! Here’s the key signs ...Read More
By: Andie Alsgaard Everyone approaches Exam Week a little differently in college. It depends on wher...Read More
I remember very vividly getting asked multiple times about which school I was going to choose and at...Read More
Finding your “people” in college was one of the most intimidating things about college. It was a...Read More
Hope by the Numbers
- 11:1Student:Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean close collaboration and positive relationships between students and faculty.Academic Programs
- 300+Off-Campus Study Opportunities
With semester, year-long and short-term opportunities, you have access to hundreds of off-campus academic study programs in the U.S. and abroad.Find Your Program
- 80+Student Groups
So you’re interested in comedy? Campus governance? Concerts? Club sports? Creative writing? We have a group for that — and so much more.Student Organizations
- #11Right Choice
The Wall Street Journal ranked Hope #11 for the number of students who said “yes” when asked, “If you could start over, would you still choose this college?”See our rankings