Perry LandesRetired Faculty
Perry Landes came to Hope in 1987 on a one-year contract and started a tenure track position in 1988. He was also the facilities manager for the theatre department.
He taught Lighting Design, Theatre Crafts II (lighting and sound), Stage Management, Computers in Music, Encounter With the Arts, Introduction to Theatre Practice and Introduction to Theatre.
In addition to his design work at Hope College, Perry has designed lighting and/or sound for:
- Actors’ Theatre in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Montana Repertory Theatre in Missoula, Montana
- Hope Summer Repertory Theatre Company
- Aerial Dance Theatre
- Sumus Theatre in Portland, Oregon
- Western Stage in Salinas, California
- Grosso Modo Dance Company in Queretaro, Mexico
He was also a composer for theatre, with a preference for scoring Shakespeare’s plays.
- MFA, design technical theater, University of Montana
- B.A., music, composition and performance, Whitworth College
- Member of the United States Institute of Theatre Technology Institute delegation to the Prague Quadrennial Exposition in 1995 and 1999