Doug RuchInterim Director of Student Consulting
Doug Ruch works with students as a Center for Leadership (CFL) Consulting coach. In addition, he is a part-time faculty member for the CFL and the Department of Economics and Business.
- MBA, marketing, University of Colorado
- B.A., business administration, Hope College
- Fleetwood Group, Inc., President/CEO
- Donnelly (Magna), Vice President Toyota Business Group
- P&G, Sales Representative
awards and recognition
- Hope College Business/Industry Community Campaign Chair, 2008
- Holland Chamber Small Business Person of the Year, 2006
why do you love hope?
Hope is a rare place in higher education where academic excellence and a vibrant Christian spirit are both core aspirations. This combined objective is so very difficult to achieve with excellence, but it represents an incredibly worthy purpose that Doug loves.
outside of hope
Doug spends his time outside the college in a variety of leadership positions:
- Kids Hope USA, Director 2012–present (chair)
- Hope College, Trustee 2010–present (executive committee)
- RCA Classical Board of Benevolences, Director 2003–present
- Western Theological Seminary (trustee) 2007–2013
- Geneva Retreat and Conference Center, Director (president) 2004–2010