Jason CashDirector of Public Affairs and Marketing
Jason Cash ’07 is the director of Public Affairs and Marketing at Hope. His primary responsibility is the direction of the talented team that oversees creative services (including graphic design and print materials), digital communications (including website and social media), and communication services (including public and media relations, sports information, and the alumni magazine). Jason has been with Hope College since 2007.
The Public Affairs and Marketing team is responsible for managing and developing communication strategies to enhance the college's reputation and relationships with key constituencies while providing creative services and communication support to internal departments and operating units. They do this by creating clear and consistent messages and disseminating them with integrated and innovative methods.
- B.A., communication and management, Hope College, 2007
Jason formerly held the role of director of web communications for Public Affairs and Marketing where he lead a team responsible for the college’s website and digital campaigns and properties.
Prior to that, he was the coordinator of advancement communications at Hope College, which involved integrating campaign, annual fund, alumni and parent, planned giving and major gift communications within College Advancement.
Awards and Recognition
- A.A. Raven Prize in Communication & Leadership recipient
- Lambda Pi Eta National Communication Association Honor Society member
- "Developing User Personas and Scenarios During a Website Redesign," OmniUpdate User Training Conference, 2015
- "The Importance of a Comprehensive Communication Plan for your Campaign," Gonser Gerber, 2015
- "Back to the Future: From Redesign to Rebrand... and Home Again," eduWeb Conference, 2014
- "Inspiring Constituents to Higher Levels of Engagement: The Importance of the Case for Support, Communications and Materials," Gonser Gerber, 2013
Outside the College
Jason is the staff advisor for 89.9FM WTHS, the student-run radio station at Hope College. He has three children and is married to Hillary Miedema ’07 Cash.
firstname.lastname@example.orgAnderson-Werkman Financial Center 100 East 8th Street Holland, MI 49423-3607