Christina KrauseAccompanist - Music
Hailed as a “sensitive partner” by the New York Times, pianist Christina Giuca Krause enjoys a dynamic career as a performer, educator and vocal coach. Heard on stages throughout the U.S. and Europe, she has served on the music staff of the Houston Ballet, Opera Theatre of St. Louis, Northwestern University, Chicago Opera Theater, and Chicago Lyric Opera’s Ryan Opera Center.
Christina is the Artistic Director of LYNX Project, a Chicago-based nonprofit organization that amplifies diverse voices through new song commissions for voice and piano, inclusive recitals and innovative educational programs.
Christina joined the Hope College Department of Music in Fall 2020, where she is coordinator of accompanying and teaches a course on collaborative skills for keyboardists. She is also on faculty at the Lutheran Summer Music Academy and Festival, where she has been teaching piano and collaborative piano since 2018.
- Postgraduate Fellowship, collaborative piano, Bard College Conservatory, 2013
- M.M., collaborative piano, Rice University, 2011
- B.M., piano performance, Oberlin Conservatory, 2009
Awards & Recognition
- Oregon Bach Festival Composers Symposium, Guest Artist, 2021, 2016
- Alumni Enterprise Award, Music Academy of the West, 2021
- The Song Continues, Pianist for master classes at Carnegie Hall with Marilyn Horne, Renée Fleming and Graham Johnson, 2018
- Marilyn Horne Song Competition, Pianist Winner, 2017
email@example.comJack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts 221 Columbia Avenue Holland, MI 49423