Rob PocockAssistant Professor of Communication
Rob Pocock has served as adjunct faculty since 1989. He teaches courses in communication, leadership and political science.
His business career focuses on communications: advertising, marketing and public relations. He consults as an executive coach, group facilitator and trainer. Rob was an executive for a Grand Rapids-based advertising agency and recently retired from Priority Health, where he was associate vice president of communications. Rob frequently speaks at professional conferences and workshops.
Areas of expertise
Rob is committed to helping others achieve their highest potential through:
- Executive coaching for oral presentations and executive presence
- Strategic planning
- Group facilitation
- Public relations and crisis communication
- Staff training
- Program development
- M.A., communication, Michigan State University, 1981
- B.A., political science, Hope College, 1977
Honors, grants and awards
- Hope College Meritorious Service Award, 1995
- American Advertising Federation Silver Medal Award, 1992
- "Compounding Interest," Vital Speeches of the Day, August, 2010
Outside the college
Rob is a member of the Christ Memorial Reformed Church, Economic Club of Grand Rapids, and the American Advertising Federation of Grand Rapids.
firstname.lastname@example.orgMartha Miller Center-Room 121 257 Columbia Avenue Holland, MI 49423-3615