Lisa WalcottAssistant Professor of Art
Lisa Walcott has been in the Art and Art History Department at Hope College since 2015 as the Studio Technician and Visiting Lecturer. She joined the faculty in the fall of 2018 teaching courses in sculpture.
Areas of Expertise
Lisa specializes in sculpture and installation and the dialogue that surrounds the three dimensional medium.
Lisa has exhibited her work nationally including Land of Tomorrow in Louisville, KY, ACRE Projects and Three Walls in Chicago, IL , The Urban Institute for Contemporary Art in Grand Rapids, MI and The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum in East Lansing, MI.
- MFA, sculpture, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI, 2010
- B.A., Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, IL, 2005
Honors, grants, Awards & Presentations
- Lecture, Washington Pavilion, Sioux Falls, SD, August 3, 2018
- Lecture/Visiting Artist, Elon University, Elon, NC, March 14, 2016
- Lecture/Visiting Artist/Workshop, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN, October 5, 2015
- Panel Discussion “The Ephemeral, The Fleeting”, Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY, November 8, 2013
- Lecture/Visiting Artist, Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University, Lansing, MI, September 18, 2013
- ACRE Residency and Scholarship, 2013
- threewalls Artist Residency, 2013
- Lecture/Workshop, Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL, April 27, 2011
- Ox-Bow Artist Residency, 2010
- DiamlerChrysler Emerging Artist Award Nominee, 2010
Lisa's work has been featured in a variety of reviews, interviews and publications, including:
- Schwartz, Kathy. “Making Space for Art in Northside”, CityBeat, October 2016.
- Rinck, Jonathan, “Beauty in the Daily Grind", International Sculpture Center, February 2016.
- Bonfiglio, Jeremy D. "Five Questions with....Lisa Walcott: Installation artist and kinetic sculptor", The Herald Palladium, 12 December 2013.
- Keane, Erin. "This Is Not a Painting: Ephemeral Art Symposium Explores Fleeting Nature of Art and Time", WFPL News, 6 November 2013.
- Less Still, Exhibition Catalogue, 2013.
- Cosentino, Lawrence. "Follow Me Bouncing Balls", Lansing City Pulse, 1 August 2013.
- Scott Pohl, Interview “Broad exhibit features Michigan artist”, WKAR Radio, Lansing, MI, July 29, 2013.
- Bartlett Hines, Emily, "Lisa Walcott’s open ended installations have secret lives of their own", Nashville Scene, 21 March 2013.
- Bechiri, Holly, "What do you see: Breathing Room at SiTE:LAB", The Rapidian, September 2012.
- Febretti, A.C. “Idiosyncracies, the Mundane, and More at Land of Tomorrow”, AEQAI, February 2012.