The distinctive moldings that adorned Nykerk Hall of Music were recently removed, but they are neither gone nor forgotten.
They will be installed in the entry lobby of the new Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts, commemorating predecessor Nykerk Hall’s 50-plus years as the Department of Music’s home. The seven carvings, one outside and six inside, decorated the original portion of Nykerk Hall that was completed in 1956. The Wynand Wichers addition was completed in 1970 and the organ studio in 2000.
The new building is scheduled to open next fall.