Several national and local resources provide information and education about Title IX, sexual harassment, interpersonal violence and bystander intervention.
- NATIONAL HOTLINES
Each of these hotlines are available 24/7 and offer a live chat option through their websites.
- HOW CAN I HELP A FRIEND?
- NotAlone.gov outlines the following advice:
- You can help someone who has been assaulted by listening and offering comfort
- Go with your friend to the health center, hospital, administrator’s office or counseling
- Reinforce the message that your friend is not at fault and that it is natural to feel a range of emotions, including sadness, fear, shame or anger
- Encourage your friend to promote physical well-being by eating, sleeping and exercising as well as possible
- Keep an eye out for common reactions associated with traumatic events
- Become an advocate
- Join or start an organization
- APPS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS
- VIDEOS/PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS