Geoffrey ReynoldsMary Riepma Ross Director of the Archives/ Professor
Geoffrey Reynolds has been The Mary Riepma Ross Director of The Joint Archives of Holland at Hope College since 2001. He previously served as the collections archivist from 1997 to 2001.
Geoffrey currently serves as the treasurer of the Dutch-American Historical Commission, membership chairperson for the Association for the Advancement of Dutch American Studies and executive director of the Holland Area Historical Society.
He has worked at various times for InfoFlo as a records management specialist, Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, General Motors Media Archives and Little Caesar's Enterprises on its Detroit Tigers baseball club archival materials.
Areas of Expertise
Geoffrey has interest in researching and writing about the pleasure boat building industry of Michigan and vintage boat racing history.
- MLIS and archival administration certificate, Wayne State University, 1995
- B.S., secondary education, Central Michigan University, 1989
- Associate of Arts, North Central Michigan College, 1986
Awards and recognition
- State History Award from the Historical Society of Michigan for Best Article in Michigan History magazine for the July–August 2019 cover story “Keep ‘Em Fighting: Chris-Craft’s Contribution to WWII,” 2019
- 2014 Mentoring Award from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Scholars Program at Hope College, 2014
- Best in Broadcasting Excellence award for featuring programming for Holland History on WHTC-AM radio by the Michigan Association of Broadcasters, March 2011
- Award of Merit for Michigan Media the film Tulip Time in Holland, 2003
- Boats Made in Holland: A Michigan Tradition, The History Press, 2018
- “Plastic Fantastic: The Fiberglass Boatbuilding Industry in Holland, Michigan,” chapter in Michigan Modern: Design That Shaped America, Amy Arnold (contributor) and Brian Conway, Gibbs Smith, 2016
- “Grand-Craft: Builders of Fine Mahogany Boats,” Joint Archives of Holland Quarterly, Spring 2014
- “Fatal Wave,” Michigan History, March/April 2014
- “From Craft to Industry: The Boat Builders of Holland,” The Brass Bell, Winter 2014
- “The Joint Archives of Holland Celebrates 25 Years of Service,” The Joint Archives Quarterly, Fall 2013
- “From Craft to Industry: The Boat Builders of Holland,” The Joint Archives Quarterly, Spring 2013
View more of Geoffrey's published work on Digital Commons