Suzette StaalCoordinator of Tutoring Services
Suzette Staal started at Hope College in August 2015 as the coordinator of tutoring services for the Academic Success Center (ASC). She is responsible for all peer tutoring and ASC-sponsored help sessions, including:
- Recruiting, hiring and training staff
- Matching tutors to students requesting tutors
- Overseeing daily operations of the help sessions
- Providing resources for good study strategies
- MAE, counseling and guidance, Pacific Lutheran University, 1994
- B.A., education and English, Calvin College, 1989
Suzette worked in a social service agency providing school-based prevention programs. She also has classroom teaching experience.
Why I love Hope
Suzette loves the Hope campus and frequently walks by or through it. After living in other locations, she finds herself drawn to Michigan and the salt-free Lake Michigan.
Outside the college
Suzette loves being active. She walks her dog daily (frequently by campus) and teaches 3–5 fitness classes a week. She likes to cook and eat out. She also enjoys taking time out to read a good book.