Suzette StaalCoordinator of Academic Coaching & Group Study Sessions
Suzette Staal started at Hope College in August 2014. She is currently the Coordinator of Academic Coaching. Her responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, hiring and training staff
- Matching peer academic coaches with students who request this service
- Overseeing daily operations of group help/study sessions
- Meeting with students who want study strategy assistance
- Providing resources for academic success
- Advising students
- MAE, counseling and guidance, Pacific Lutheran University, 1994
- B.A., education and English, Calvin College, 1989
Prior to fall 2022, Suzette was the coordinator of tutoring services at Hope. Before working for Hope, Suzette worked in a social service agency providing local school-based prevention programs. As a certified teacher, she also has classroom teaching experience.
Why I love Hope
Suzette loves the Hope campus and Michigan. After living in a variety of other locations, she really appreciates the beauty of Michigan and the salt-free lake.
Outside the college
Suzette enjoys being active. She walks her dog daily (frequently by campus) and teaches 3–5 fitness classes a week. She considers herself a “foodie” and loves to cook and eat out. She likes to travel and experience new places and cultures. She is also an avid reader.
email@example.comVanZoeren Hall Room 268 41 Graves Place Holland, MI 49423