Faculty and Staff Privileges
Access and borrowing privileges are provided to all Hope College employees. Family members of current employees are also eligible for borrowing privileges at the library.
- Present your Hope College ID for library service
- Your ID card may also be used at the Cook Library of Western Theological Seminary
- Retired faculty and staff continue to receive access to full library services through their Hope ID and Hope email. Immediate family members of retired faculty and staff will continue to be eligible for free guest library cards
- Faculty and staff may borrow up to 100 items at a time
- Different material types have different loan periods
- No overdue fines for faculty and staff
- A replacement fee is charged for each item that is significantly overdue. When the item is returned, the replacement fee is waived
- When an item becomes significantly overdue, your borrowing privileges are suspended
- Log into your account in the library catalog to renew materials yourself
- For assistance, call 395-7905 or bring the item to the circulation desk and we will renew it for you
- Placing holds on materials prevents anyone else from renewing or borrowing them
- To place a hold on an item yourself, find it in the library catalog, sign in, and click the Request This button
- To have us place a hold for you, call 395-7905 or ask at the circulation desk.