Overdue, Lost and Damaged Library Materials
Overdue fines are assessed at the following rates and should be paid at the library with cash or check:
|Type of Material||Fine Rate||Maximum Fine|
|Books||$1 per loan period|
|Reference books||$5 per day||$50 maximum|
|Videos/DVDs||$1 per day||$10 maximum|
|CDs||$1 per day||$10 maximum|
|Cameras||$5 per day||$50 maximum|
|iPad||$5 per day||$50 maximum|
|Laptops||$24 per day||$96 maximum|
* For materials not listed above contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Items that are long overdue will be considered lost and will be billed a minimum per the following:
|Type of Material||Minimum Billing for Lost Items|
Returning the billed item in good condition will waive the replacement cost and leave the overdue fine.
- A billed item will suspend the borrowing privileges of any Hope student, faculty and staff member. Hope students with outstanding overdue fines and replacement bills will have these charges added to their tuition.
- Once the item is billed to their account at Business Services, Hope students have
until the end of the semester after the item was due to return the item in good condition
and receive a refund for the replacement cost (minus the overdue fine). After that,
no refunds will be given.*
* If the lost material is needed prior to the end of the following semester, the library will purchase a replacement and no refund will be given.
- A guest borrower will have their borrowing privileges suspended whenever any money is owed the library. Guest borrowers must pay all fines and fees at the library.
If someone has placed a hold on an item you have checked out and you do not return it by the due date, an additional $5 overdue fine will be assessed.
Borrowing privileges are suspended until the recalled item is returned.
Could I lose my borrowing privileges?
Yes, borrowing privileges may be blocked if there are substantial unpaid or unresolved charges on a library user’s record.
If you have any questions regarding circulation or your account, please call us at 395-7905 or come to the Circulation Desk.