The global studies major is an interdepartmental program composed of credits from
several different departments.
As a student in our program, you’ll be able to design your own focus with a mixture of required and elective courses, plus an global studies capstone.
Our students pursue advanced degrees or establish careers in both public and private sectors. Learn about options for after you graduate.
Hope College students completing a global studies degree will:
- Exhibit conversational language skills in a language other than English
- Develop research and content-acquisition skills reflective of a sophisticated producer and consumer of global affairs
- Show cultural proficiency on the ETS HEIghten Intercultural Competency and Diversity Assessment
- In a sophisticated and professionally informed way, evaluate the mutual implications of their language learning, on-campus courses and off-campus experiences for global issues
- Be career- and graduate-school ready