La Maison Francaise
La Maison Francaise is the French language house at Hope College. The cottage on 14th Street was bought in 1981 to house female students interested in practicing their language skills and understanding French culture.
The French language house can hold up to six female students each academic year. There are four bedrooms (two doubles and two singles, which typically are reserved for the native assistant and the Resident Assistant).
Marguerite Prins French House
151 East 14th Street
Holland, MI 49423-3629
Apply to live at La Maison Francaise
- WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any female student interested in learning about French culture and using French language skills in an atmosphere with like-minded students. We encourage students with at least one year of college-level French, or its equivalent, to apply.
- WHEN SHOULD I APPLY?
- Applications open in the fall for the next academic year. Be sure to apply earlier in the semester to make sure you get your spot. Turn applications in to Professor Hamon-Porter (MMC229, email@example.com).
- AM I REQUIRED TO LIVE THERE FOR A YEAR?
We prefer that you do, but if you can only commit to one semester (because you plan to study off-campus for the other), we’ll find another student to fill your spot.
- WHAT DO RESIDENTS AT LA MAISON FRANCAISE DO?
- Every semester, we plan crepe parties, game nights and host the French Cine Club. Our house is the place to be for French students on campus. La Maison Francaise residents promise to use French as much as they can in their daily interactions in the common areas of the house.
- WHO CAN BECOME THE FRENCH HOUSE RESIDENT ASSISTANT (RA)?
- We welcome anyone taking a French course or pursuing a major or minor and wishing to learn more about French culture.
Martha Miller Center257 Columbia AvenueFloor 2Holland, MI 49423