The Spanish House
The Spanish House is Hope’s Spanish language house, with room for five female students each academic year. If you’re interested in practicing your language skills and learning more about Spanish culture, apply to live here during your time at Hope.
The Spanish language house is on 14th Street, just a short walking distance from campus and downtown Holland. While living in the house, you’re able to improve language and cultural competency, and you may register for Span 380 for a half credit, per semester.
126 E. 14th St.
Holland, MI 49423
- WHO CAN APPLY?
- Any female student interested in using Spanish language skills in an atmosphere with like-minded students. We encourage students with at least one year of college-level Spanish, or its equivalent, to apply.
- WHEN SHOULD I APPLY?
- Applications open in the fall for the next academic year. Make sure to apply earlier in the semester to make sure you get your spot. Turn applications in to Professor Gyulamiryan (email@example.com).
- AM I REQUIRED TO LIVE THERE FOR A YEAR?
- We prefer that you do, but if you can only commit to one semester (because you plan to study off-campus for the other), we’ll find another student to fill your spot.
- WHAT DO RESIDENTS OF SPANISH HOUSE DO?
- Every semester, we host various events in collaboration with the Spanish Club and the Spanish Section. Spanish House residents pledge to use Spanish in their daily interactions in the common areas of the house.
- WHO CAN BECOME THE SPANISH HOUSE RESIDENT ASSISTANT (RA)?
- We welcome students who have lived at the Spanish House for at least a year and express interest in becoming an RA as eligible for the next academic year. Previous RAs are also eligible to reapply.
Martha Miller Center257 Columbia AvenueFloor 2Holland, MI 49423