Overnight Visits Canceled for Semester
Overnight visits are the best way to see what campus life at Hope is all about. Providing the greatest insights into campus life at Hope is our goal. The ideal time for an overnight visit is on a Sunday, Thursday or Friday evening during the academic year. We also suggest combining your overnight stay with an individual visit or Anchor Day. Please request your overnight visit two weeks in advance to help us in our planning.
Here's some of what you can expect from an overnight visit at Hope:
- Explore award-winning downtown Holland, only a couple blocks from campus
- Cheer on Hope athletes at our state-of-the-art athletic facilities
- Join current students for a round of frisbee golf
- Hang out in the residence halls with Hope students: Can you picture yourself here?
- Experience the Gathering (Sunday evening Chapel service)
- Spend some time with current students in our new Bultman Student Center
- Watch the sunset over Lake Michigan
- Timing for Overnight Visits
- Fall semester overnight visits will be available starting September 19, 2019
- Overnights are not available October 4–8 (Fall Break) and November 28–December 1 (Thanksgiving Break).
- The final night for fall semester overnight visits is December 5, 2019
- High school juniors can only be accommodated prior to Hope’s Spring Break (March 13, 2020)
- Connecting with your Overnight Hosts
- One of your matched overnight hosts will contact you by email within a week of your scheduled overnight to introduce themselves and confirm details of your visit
- Take this opportunity to share what you may be interested in doing while you are visiting
- Arriving on Campus
- If your visit is scheduled for a weeknight, you will meet your host at the Admissions Office between 4:30 and 5 p.m.
- For visits taking place on a Sunday night, or for arrivals after 5 p.m., you will meet your hosts at their residence hall
- Your overnight visit will conclude after breakfast the next morning
- What to Bring
- Sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel
- Personal items (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Extra money (snacks, bookstore, movies, etc.)
- Homework or a book
- Attire for athletic centers (if interested)
Overnight Visit Contact Information
Weekdays before 5 p.m.
69 East 10th Street, Holland, MI 49423
Phone: 616.395.7850 or 800.968.7850
Weekdays after 5 p.m. and on weekends
Office of Campus Safety
178 East 11th Street, Holland, MI 49423