Anne BakkerManaging Director - HSRT
Anne has worked at Hope since 1987 in a variety of positions, including:
- Ticket and Event Manager, 2005–present
- Hope Summer Repertory Theatre, 1997–present
- Director of Student Activities, 1989–1998
- Director of Residential Life, 1987–1989
Anne has worked at Kalamazoo College and Grand Valley State University, as well as working as an agent and manager for several college and corporate entertainers. She has experience as a graphic designer and a promotions consultant and speaker.
- M.A., organizational communication, Western Michigan University, 1990
- B.A., communication, Hope College, 1985
HONORS and Awards
- Outstanding Educational Presenter, 2001–2003
- Great Lakes Hall of Fame inductee, National Association for Campus Activities, 1998
- National Programmer of Year, 1997
- National and Regional Graphic Awards, 1995–2005
- Regional Outstanding School of the Year, 1995
- Regional Outstanding Comprehensive Program, 1995–1996
- Outstanding Service Citation, National Association for Campus Activities, 1995
- National Excellence in Programming Award, 1994
Why I Love Hope
Anne loves Hope because it is a place that allows students to gain experiences in a variety of ways. It is more than a classroom experience, but a life experience. She loves that Hope is a DIII school, yet has a community that supports athletics in ways that are greater than many DII and DI schools.
Outside the college
Anne is married to Tom Davelaar ’72, assistant men's basketball coach. They were married on the front steps of DeVos Fieldhouse in July 2012.
She enjoys traveling to sporting events such as Cubs and Reds baseball, Lions football, and Hope and NCAA DI tournament basketball.