Daniel MargritzStrength & Conditioning Coordinator/Assistant Football Coach
Daniel started at Hope College in July 2016, serving as an assistant football coach and Hope College's first head strength and conditioning coach. As strength and conditioning coach, he oversees the development and implementation of strength, agility, plyometric and conditioning programs for Hope's athletic teams.
The goal of the strength program is to develop the student athletes both physically and mentally, so they will be able to conquer whatever life throws at them, even after their time at Hope College.
- High school head strength and conditioning coach, Memphis, Tennessee
- Defensive Coordinator, Macon Road Baptist High School, Memphis, Tennessee
- Intern strength and conditioning coach, Concordia University Nebraska
- Sports Nutrition Specialist, International Sports Science Association, 2015
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association, 2013
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Strength and Conditioning Association, 2012
- B.A., Concordia University Nebraska, 2012
HONORS and Awards
- Football state runner-up, Tennessee Athletic Association of Christian Schools, 2014 and 2015
Why I Love hope
Daniel was drawn to Hope College from Tennessee because the atmosphere and top-notch people he experienced during his visit made him feel very welcome. The town of Holland is also a nice change for Daniel and his wife as they come from the big city of Memphis, Tennessee.
outside the College
In his free time, Daniel enjoys:
- Gardening and landscaping
- Working out
- Watching sports
- Spending time with his wife
firstname.lastname@example.orgDeVos Fieldhouse 222 Fairbanks Avenue Holland, MI 49423