The dean of students is committed to the intellectual, spiritual and personal development of each student.
Our office provides support, challenge and care, and creates an environment where students can explore and become all God intends them to be.
Summer office hours
- 8 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday–Friday, June 1– July 31, 2018 (8 a.m.–5 p.m. in August)
Emergency contact information
Your emergency contact information is important! We’ll use it to contact you or other trusted people (like your family members) in case of a critical medical situation, a potential threat to your safety, or a serious situation on campus. Please supply or verify your emergency contact information as soon as possible!
Each of the seven departments in Student Development:
- Supports the whole-person development of each student
- Works to enhance students’ experience through programs, services, partnerships and connections
- Promotes an inclusive campus climate
- Helps students successfully navigate campus life
Our office is a central place for students, parents, faculty and staff to get help navigating the complex issues of student life.
We expect that every student will be committed to:
- Becoming all that God intends them to be
- Establishing relationships which respect differences
- Engaging in intellectually challenging activities
- Being accountable for their decisions
Likewise, staff members work to:
- Promote a safe, respectful, healthy and inclusive campus
- Coordinate specific programs and services
- Monitor and respond to emerging situations that impact students
Hope by the Numbers
- 80+Student Groups and Organizations
Sponsored by Student Life and with such a wide array of interests represented, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and make your mark.
- 1,161Service hours during Time to Serve
Time to Serve is held in the beginning of Fall semester and volunteers with 37+ nonprofits in one day
- 92%Experiential Learning at Hope
92% of students participate in internships, off campus study, service, research, student teaching or clinical rotation programs during their time at Hope.Find a program
- 81%On-Campus Housing
2,472 students (81% of the total) live in cottages, residence halls and apartments on-campus.