Barbara MezeskeRetired Faculty
Barbara Mezeske taught in the English department from 1978 through 2011. She served as the coordinator of first-year composition, the director of faculty mentoring, and was one of the leaders of the Teaching Enhancement Workshop for new faculty.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Professor Mezeske most frequently taught expository writing, general education literature courses and first-year seminar. She developed interests in African literature and in science writing, and taught courses in both. She was involved in faculty development, particularly with regard to student learning and assessment.
- M.A., reading remediation and diagnosis, Michigan State University, 1978
- B.A., English and French, Hope College, 1970
- Provost's Award for Teaching Excellence, Hope College, 1998
- Beyond Tests and Quizzes: Creative Assessments in College Classrooms, co-editor with R.J. Mezeske, Jossey-Bass, 2007
- Finding our way: Teacher education reform in the liberal arts setting, co-editor with R.J. Mezeske, Peter Lang, 2004