Ron Reimink has been a volunteer associate chaplain since 2016 after retiring from teaching biology at Hudsonville High School for 32 years. He meets with individual students, leads Bible studies and assists the Campus Ministry Team where needed.
- M.A., University of Michigan, 1990
- B.A., Hope College, 1980
- Taught biology for 32 years at the high school level and coached various sports
- Directed the Summer Science Institute at Hudsonville High School
- Conducted scientific research on parasites that cause swimmer’s itch most summers of his career
- Taught at the American Wilderness Leadership School in Jackson, Wyoming
Why do you love Hope?
The opportunities Hope gave me and both my children to excel academically and spiritually have enriched our lives forever. Meeting with students, especially those in science, to provide love and guidance during their Hope years allows me to give back and enrich their lives and experience while at Hope.
Outside of Hope
Ron is married to Linda, a high school teacher in Jenison, and they have two adult children — Jesse ’09 and Kelsey ’11. Ron continues to work on education, research and control of swimmer's itch through his company Freshwater Solutions, LLC during the summer months.