Discover priceless materials on innumerable subjects.
Archives and Special Collections, a department of Hope College's Van Wylen Library, is the consolidation of the archival collections of Hope College, Western Theological Seminary and other organizations that contract for archival services.
- Mission Statement
We promote the educational mission of Hope College and its partner institutions by actively collecting, caring for, interpreting and making available the unique historical resources in its care.
- College Publications
Works and writings from Hope College students and administrative offices. Materials are held in Digital Commons, the online institutional repository.
- Alumni Magazine: a monthly periodical aimed at Hope College graduates (ceased in 1979)
- The Anchor: Hope College's student-run newspaper
- Course Catalogs: information about areas of study, important dates in the academic calendar, course schedules and general college history
- The Quarterly: a newsletter put out four times a year by the Archives
- The Milestone: the annual Hope College yearbook
- News from Hope College: a newsletter put out six times a year by the college
- Historical Records
Papers, manuscripts and audiovisual materials dating from 1866.
- Digital Commons: an online institutional repository that provides access to the scholarly and creative works of the Hope College community
- Collections Search: a database of materials held by the Archives
- Newspapers: selected periodicals issued in West Michigan and the Netherlands
- Oral Histories: recorded interviews with important figures, famous and obscure
- Featured Image Collections
Our Featured Image Collections consist of photographs, postcards and other images dating mainly from the late nineteenth through the mid-twentieth centuries. Subjects include the Hope College campus, student life and the history of Holland, Michigan.
- Rare Books
Our collection of rare books includes works on art, history, literature, mathematics and science, as well as a collection of Bibles.