Hope College alumni continue to come back to say "I do" in the place where their story began.
Weddings in Hope College's Dimnent Memorial Chapel are reserved for Hope College faculty and staff and their immediate family members, and alums during the summer season from mid-May through mid-August. They're coordinated by the Events and Conferences Office, and we ask that you book the chapel one year in advance. As much as we admire wedding planners, we like to consider ourselves more like "building facilitators," where you take care of planning all the important details and we just make sure our facilities are ready for your big day.
It's a pretty great place to say your vows, and don't just take our word for it — in 2018, Unique Venues selected Hope College as a "Top Pick Venue to Get Hitched In The Midwest.”
- WEDDINGS AT MORNINGSIDE PARK
- Looking to have your ceremony outside? We offer Morningside Park as an alternative to Dimnent Memorial Chapel. Please contact the Events and Conferences Office for more details.
- WEDDING DAY TIPS
We've been doing this for quite a few years, so we've picked up some pieces of advice the we think would be helpful on your big day:
- First off, relax and enjoy your day.
- The Chapel is not air conditioned and it can get pretty hot. Providing fans or water bottles for guests are a nice touch.
- Fresh flower petals are not allowed down the aisle, so make sure to use fake ones for your flower girl to toss.
- Make sure to have someone record your ceremony if that's something you'd like. Hope does not provide any recording services.
- Consider exploring the chapel prior to the wedding to choose picture locations with your photographer.
- Timing is key. Leave ample time on either end for set-up, clean up and pictures, and remember that guests usually start arriving 30 minutes prior to the wedding.
- HOTELS IN THE AREA
- For those guests that travel far, we recommend a few hotels nearby:
Anderson-Werkman Center100 East 8th StreetSuite 130Holland, MI 49423