Where your dreams of an outdoor wedding ceremony come true.
Weddings at Morningside Park are perfect for those who want an intimate outdoor ceremony from May through October. The 1.6-acre park features a charming gazebo, various shaded paths and beautiful landscaping to accent your pictures. While the space is reserved through the Events and Conferences Office, we leave the rest of the planning up to you! We only ask that you treat the space with a little TLC and leave it as it was found.
Hope College is affiliated with the Reformed Church in America, but the park is open to persons of all faiths and denominations. Hope College's affiliation with its founding denomination only allows wedding ceremonies on campus that are consistent with the standards of the RCA's Order for Christian Marriage, a "coming together in the presence of God" that is part of the liturgy of the RCA. These standards include the definition of marriage as a "joyful covenanting between a man and a woman."
- RENTAL FEE
- The rental fee for a 12-hour time slot is $350. This includes a one-hour rehearsal, typically the day prior to your wedding date. You may request additional time at a $100 hourly rate. You'll need to provide a non-refundable initial payment of 50% of the rental fee that can be remitted with the signed contract.
- EVENT DETAILS
- The storage shed on the property makes for some great picture opportunities, but access to it is not included. You'll have to provide any chairs, tables and other furnishings for your ceremony. There is a power source in the gazebo, but you will need to provide any extension cords, lights and any other additional pieces used. Tents are not allowed.
- DELIVERY ACCESS
- Any furnishings rented by your contracted rental company of choice, or your own, must be delivered the day of the event during the rental period and picked up immediately after. Please keep in mind that delivery vehicles may not drive on any of the grounds of the park.
- We want to give you all the creative freedom for your special day, but please note that temporary fixtures may not be affixed to plants, trees, woodwork, building or any architectural feature with anything that will cause damage to the landscaping. Self-contained candles are permitted. We also suggest bubbles or natural pedals for wedding blessings.
- BATHROOMS/DRESSING ROOMS
- There are no bathrooms anywhere on the park's property. There's also no area for changing clothes or getting ready.
- All event guests may park on the street. There is also parking available at an area church across the street, which you may contact.
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- You'll have to save the food and drinks for the reception. Alcoholic beverages and/or food are not permitted on the premises.