Thank you for your consideration of support for Hope Summer Repertory Theatre.
Hope Theatre Guild
The Hope Theatre Guild was founded in 1980. Its members support Hope Summer Repertory
Theatre (HSRT) by enhancing the theatre experience for the HSRT company and Holland
community through service, outreach and financial support. This is a great way to
help support HSRT and an opportunity to meet members of the HSRT company and community.
You may join the Theatre Guild by contacting the Hope Ticket Office (616-395-7890). If you have questions or would like more information please email HSRT
- Greet audience members, hand out programs, help people to their seats and stay to watch the performance for free! As the first point of contact for our patrons entering the theatre, guild members help us make lasting impressions from start to finish of a performance.
- Greet incoming members of the company as they arrive at the airport. Pick up members of the company and take them to their summer housing. This is your chance to help show off our beautiful community while getting to know members of the company.
- FOOD FOR STARVING ARTISTS
- Help lift spirits during busy periods by bringing treats (example: brownies, fruit, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, etc.) to our hard-working artists throughout the season. This is especially important in the week prior to each opening.
- ADOPT-A-COTTAGE HOST
- Welcome the company to Holland by “adopting” a specific cottage or apartment. Provide treats, flowers, signs or anything that might make them feel welcome. Additionally, you become a resource to the company members in the cottage for all things Holland while they are here for the season.
- STRIKE NIGHT
- Work to arrange food and drink donations for the final night of strike. Company members work to dismantle all the scenery, lighting, costumes and sound equipment for the entire season from our final performance through the early hours of the morning. This midnight meal helps keep the momentum going through a long night of hard work.
- CLEANING CREW
- Help us return our housing to pre-summer conditions just in time for returning Hope College Students. If you enjoy cleaning, this is the committee for you!
- HEARING ASSIST AND LOOP SYSTEM SUPPORT
- Staff our assisted hearing informational table in the lobby during performances and answer questions regarding the Listen Loop Systems. Training is provided. Help us keep our theatre accessible to those with hearing impairment.
- SOCIAL NETWORKING
- Tweet, Facebook, Snap and Instagram your favorite HSRT moments. Get the word out to your social community about HSRT’s shows and workshops.
- YOUNG GUILD
- If you are 12–17, you can support the theatre through ushering, social media and spreading the magic of HSRT throughout your community. Young Guild members receive a season T-shirt and “Bring a Friend to the Theatre” pass, and are paired with a company member as an “HSRT Buddy”!
Membership should be sent to:
Hope Theatre Guild
P.O. Box 9000
Holland, MI, 49422-9000
- BASIC MEMBERSHIP – $10.00
- Members at this level may sign up to support the theatre through ushering, sharing food, providing airport transportation, cleaning at the end of the season, hosting company members and more.
- FRIENDS MEMBERSHIP – $25.00
- Members at this level receive all the benefits of the above level plus a season T-shirt.
- SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP – $50.00
- Members at this level receive all the benefits of the above level plus sponsoring a member of our Young Guild (ages 12–17).
- SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP – $75.00
- Members at this level receive all the benefits of the above level plus two “Bring a Friend to the Theatre” passes.
- YOUNG GUILD – $25.00
- This is for members ages 12–17. Members support the theatre through ushering, social media and spreading the magic of HSRT throughout their communities. Members receive a season T-shirt and “Bring a Friend to the Theatre” pass, and are paired with a company member as an “HSRT Buddy”. Subsidized memberships available courtesy of the Hope Theatre Guild.
- SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIP – ANY AMOUNT
- This membership is a donation to the Theatre Guild and will provide financial support for HSRT scholarships and grants to make theatre opportunities available to those in our community who cannot afford it.
Contact Person: Anne Bakker
Your dues help support children’s participation in the summer theatre program as well as provide a West Michigan welcome to the HSRT company.
Want to reach over 30,000 people committed to the arts and catch the attention of an audience most advertisers are seeking to reach?
As an advertiser in the HSRT program, your business will benefit from appearing in our 20,000 printed programs, which recirculate into nearly 30,000 pairs of hands throughout the summer. From families and young couples to seasoned theatre veterans, HSRT audience members are clearly willing and able to support the business in the area. We also encourage our audience members to support the advertisers, so any money you spend on advertising will be easily made up in new and continuing sales.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetHolland, MI 49423