Credits and Testing
Hope accepts transfer credit from a variety of sources.
- Transfer Credit
- If you’re looking to transfer credit to Hope, start with our Transfer Equivalency System (TES). If the course is listed in TES, it has been pre-approved to transfer as listed.
If you’re an incoming first-year or transfer student, you should submit your transcript to Admissions as part of the application process. Once you are admitted, your transcript will be sent to the Registrar’s Office to be evaluated.
Visit the transfer credit page for more information.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- AP credit will be placed on your record after we receive scores from the College Board, usually the beginning of July.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- IB credit will be placed on your record after we receive scores from the International Baccalaureate Office, usually the beginning of July.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- CLEP credit is granted based on the guidelines established by the College Board.
- Hope Departmental Exams
- Exams may be offered by a Hope academic department when CLEP and other national tests are not available. The cost is the same as a CLEP exam. This exam should not be confused with placement exams that some departments offer. Contact the Registrar’s Office for details.