Credits and Testing

Find general information about transferring credits and testing at Hope College.

Transfer Credit
If you’re looking to transfer credit to Hope, start with our Transfer Equivalency System (TES). If the course is listed in TES, it has been pre-approved to transfer as listed.

If you’re an incoming first-year or transfer student, you should submit your transcript to Admissions as part of the application process. Once you are admitted, your transcript will be sent to the Registrar’s Office to be evaluated.

Visit the transfer credit page for more information.
Advanced Placement (AP)
AP credit will be placed on your record after we receive scores from the College Board, usually the beginning of July.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
IB credit will be placed on your record after we receive scores from the International Baccalaureate Office, usually the beginning of July.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CLEP tests are administered by the Registrar’s Office for Hope students only. Credit is granted based on the guidelines established by the College Board.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
The Registrar’s Office serves as a testing site for GRE Subject Exams. Exams are held in September and October each year in Martha Miller Center 239.

Registration and payment for the exams is done through the GRE website.
Hope Departmental Exams
Exams may be offered by a Hope academic department when CLEP and other national tests are not available. The cost is the same as a CLEP exam. This exam should not be confused with placement exams that some departments offer. Contact the Registrar’s Office for details.
Exam Proctoring
The Registrar’s Office will proctor exams only for Hope alumni, current students and current employees. This is done on an appointment basis only and there may be a fee to cover copying or mailing expenses. Contact the Registrar’s Office for details.


Important Dates

Loading events …

See all