There are many ways to get involved with Dance Marathon. It’s for the kids!
- The marathon would not be possible without the hundreds of students who come out to dance each year. Dancers are on their feet for the entire 24-hour marathon in a gesture of solidarity with the children and families they support. You can dance on behalf of a student organization, fraternity or sorority, residence hall or on your own. In addition to their presence at the event, dancers are encouraged to raise money for the kids throughout the year. Sign up now to be a dancer!
- What fun would the marathon be without the support and enthusiasm of moralers? These cheerleaders keep the dancers excited and entertained from start to finish. Moralers are assigned 8-hour shifts during the marathon, during which time they are charged with the crucial task of boosting dancer morale and keeping energy high. In addition to their presence at the event, moralers are encouraged to raise money for the kids throughout the year. Sign up now to be a moraler!
- Designated Group Representatives
- Designated Group Representatives (DGRs) help spread the love and enthusiasm of Dance Marathon on Hope’s campus all year round to their student organization, residence hall, athletic team, fraternity or sorority! These individuals meet regularly with members of Dream Team to get updates about the Miracle Families, upcoming events, fundraising opportunities and more. DGRs are asked to relay all information to their participating student organization and encourage members to get involved in Dance Marathon efforts throughout the year. Closer to the event, DGRs also play a vital role in communicating logistical details to their group members regarding dancer and moraler registration, the marathon schedule, etc. DGRs are also encouraged to raise money for the kids throughout the year. Please contact the Campus Relations Chairs at email@example.com to find out more information about being a DGR.
- Committee Member
Nearly every member of the Dream Team works closely with a planning committee to make sure the marathon goes off without a hitch. This is a great way to get a behind-the-scenes perspective of Dance Marathon. In addition to their presence at the event, committee members are encouraged to raise money for the kids throughout the year. Being a member of a committee also allows you to gain practical experience in a variety of areas including:
- Family Relations
- Hospital Relations
- Morale Squad
- Decorations and Event Management
If you are interested in serving on a committee, please contact the Dance Marathon Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.