Several national and local resources provide information and education about Title IX, sexual harassment, interpersonal violence and bystander intervention.
- NATIONAL HOTLINES
Each of these hotlines are available 24/7 and offer a live chat option through their websites.
- HOW CAN I HELP A FRIEND?
- You can help someone who has been assaulted (or who has been reported to have violated college policy) by listening and offering comfort
- Ask your friend if they would like you to go with them to the health center, hospital, administrator’s office or counseling
- If a friend tells you they were assaulted, reinforce the message that they are not at fault and that it is natural to feel a range of emotions, including sadness, fear, shame or anger
- Encourage your friend to promote physical well-being by eating, sleeping and exercising as well as possible
- Become an advocate - consider joining S.T.E.P.
- APPS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS
- VIDEOS/PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
- "1 is 2 Many" - PSA from the White House
- "It's On Us: Sexual Assault PSA"
- "What if Bears Killed One in Five People?"
- "Stalking for Love" YouTube video
- "10 hours of walking in NYC as a woman" YouTube video
- Office of Civil Rights Webinar - "How to Report Sexual Harassment under Title IX"
- Office of Civil Rights Webinar - "Due Process Protections under the New Title IX Regulations"
- Office of Civil Rights Webinar - "New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault"
- Training Material
The following materials have been used to train employees engaged in grievance process. (For more information about which employees have received which training opportunities, please contact the Title IX Coordinator.)
- “Facilitating Fair and Effective Informal Resolution Processes Under Title IX” — NASPA/ Hierophant Enterprises (November 12, 2020)
- “Hope Policy Training for Grievance Process Pool, part 2” – Hope College (November 6, 2020)
- “Hope Policy Training for Grievance Process Pool, part 1” – Hope College (August 28, 2020)
- “New Title IX Regulations: Decision Makers & Advisors” – Barnes & Thornburg (August 12, 2020)
- “New Title IX Regulations: Investigators” – Barnes & Thornburg (August 12, 2020)
- “Title IX Coordinator Training – MICU” – Barnes & Thornburg (August 4, 2020)
- “Title IX & Sexual Harassment Response” – Husch Blackwell (July 23, 2020)