Our academic program provides an inspirational, intellectually and emotionally engaging curriculum.
We provide courses in becoming an influential and trusted advisor, as well as internships and mentoring support for budding student leaders. All courses are highly experiential and include practitioners and community involvement.
Declare a Leadership Minor
To declare a leadership minor, submit the completed minor declaration form to the Center for Leadership (CFL) office. CFL office staff can help with course planning. Many course substitutions are possible.
- ACADEMIC VISION
To provide a relevant and vital leadership curriculum that equips students — our leadership minors as well as others who take our courses — to lead faithfully and effectively in the vocation to which they are called.
- LEADERSHIP MINOR OBJECTIVE
To provide a relevant, intellectually and emotionally engaging and compelling curriculum, coupled with experiential and transformational learning opportunities.
- LEADERSHIP MINOR OUTCOMES
A leadership minor will:
- Develop competencies as a learner
- Learn to serve as an inspirational leader
- Reflect upon and develop individual character
- Develop emotional intelligence as a leader
- Develop skills that enhance practical and professional acumen
- LEADERSHIP GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Leadership is about others
- Leadership is learnable
- Leadership is a catalyst for positive impact in the world
- Leadership is dynamic and process-oriented
- Leadership matters
- A HOPE LEADER IS INSPIRATIONAL
A Hope Leader has the ability to:
- Persuade and inspire
- Communicate effectively with few words
- Cast a compelling vision
- Be an active listener
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness while influencing others in a positive way
- Understand the importance of individuals’ unique backgrounds on leadership perspectives and take the time to understand and reflect on how social identity intersects with concepts of leadership