Our motto captures the essence of what we do: outstanding value for clients, invaluable experience for students.
To accomplish this, we create interdisciplinary student teams led by an experienced practitioner coach in solving real world problems for a wide variety of clients. The experiential learning and mentoring helps students to develop their critical-thinking, problem-solving and team-building skills.
Want to learn more?
- FOR STUDENTS
Want to solve real-world problems? This is experiential learning at its best. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside respected local for-profit and non-profit companies, researching, presenting and recommending solutions to real problems. Our experienced coaches are engaged mentors who lead student teams by using their expertise to guide students in this valuable real-world experience.
CFL CONSULTING OVERVIEW
- Project topics cover a very wide variety of themes including HR, marketing, sales, operations, procurement/logistics, IT, engineering, finance/accounting, health care and strategy. This gives students the opportunity to explore different career paths.
- Projects are completed over the course of a semester. Students will have a diverse client and project experience the earlier they get involved with CFL. Many students have worked on multiple projects for a variety of clients.
- CFL Consulting is considered an on-campus job. Students work on average five to ten hours per week. Most work is done independently after a weekly team meeting.
- Three or four students are assigned to each project and the team is led by an experienced practitioner coach. Coaches have outstanding credentials and competency. They not only provide leadership to the team, but also provide mentoring and networking opportunities for students.
- Projects end with a formal final presentation. Students are highly engaged in preparing and presenting the final product to the client. Clients are generally overwhelmed at the depth of the report and the professionalism of the students.
- CFL Consulting is a differentiator on a résumé and LinkedIn profile. CFL Consulting alumni report that job interviewers are eager to learn about their consulting experiences.
- CFL Consulting is a unique networking experience for students and the clients. Students can showcase their talents to potential employers. Clients have hired CFL Consulting students into internships and full-time entry level jobs.
- FOR CLIENTS
Do you have an opportunity or problem your organization doesn’t have the time or resources to tackle? Are you interested in helping to develop the next generation of leaders? If yes, please take a deep dive into our CFL Consulting program to explore how we can help your organization achieve your goals with an elite group of students led by an experienced practitioner coach.CFL CONSULTING OVERVIEW
- 225 real-world projects have been completed for a diverse collection of for-profit and non-profit organizations since the program began in 2008.
- Project topics have covered a very wide variety of themes including HR, marketing, sales, operations, procurement/logistics, IT, engineering, finance/accounting, and strategy.
- Projects are completed over the course of a semester (15 weeks).
- Students are paid and work on average eight to ten hours per week. Students participating in this program have applied and been accepted into this elite group. Many students have worked on multiple projects for a variety of clients.
- Three or four students are assigned to each project and the team is led by an experienced practitioner coach.
- Our project coaches have outstanding credentials and competency. They not only provide leadership to their teams, but also provide mentoring for students. Coaches are paid a stipend for each project.
- Teams also often include a SME.
- Having an experienced coach leading the team means the clients do not have to “manage” the students as they do with an internship. With most projects the client’s workload is light.
- Clients pay a standard project fee of $8,000. Discounts are offered to non-profits, including pro-bono work.
- Each project has a Statement of Work outlining a detailed game plan. Projects end with a formal Final Presentation and as needed a Final Report.
- Projects can provide a unique talent acquisition pipeline for clients. Clients have hired CFL Consulting students into internships and full-time entry level jobs.
- Often times, clients develop a multi-phase project or new project upon completion of their first project because they are so pleased with the results.
Companies we have partnered with include:
Gordon Food Service
Boys and Girls Club
Holland Free Health Clinic
“CFL Consulting has been a joy to be a part of. The experience has been of utmost value to me, specifically in cultivating leadership skills."
"I am super thankful for this experience! It has been one of the best experiences I’ve had in college. Moreover, I am thankful for the skills I developed, mentors I met, and friendships I made through my project."
"We were very impressed with the students' final presentation to us. They were able to take a project off of our work load and do all the heavy lifting for us in such a way that blew us away. We were very impressed by their ability to understand the information they were dealing with and the process in which they used to give us their recommendation. I would highly recommend this program."
"Working with the students and coaches in the CFL program was a great experience. The professionalism of the students as well as the end product was exceptional. I would easily work with CFL again and highly recommend this program.”
"We are extremely satisfied with the work that the Hope CFL student consultants performed... The students were professional in their communications with us and were driven to provide the best experience and the best deliverables as possible."