Curriculum at Hope can be tailored to your unique interests within the finance field.
Students interested in finance may pursue a broad range of career paths including:
- Commercial banking
- Corporate finance
- Financial advisory services
- Asset management
- Investment banking
Preparing for one of these interest areas often involves building applicable coursework and experience through internships, projects and campus leadership. It could also involve adding an additional major or minor.
This summary provides coursework required for a finance concentration. All business majors will take BUS 371 Financial Management. In addition, those wanting to concentrate in finance should take 2-4 of the following courses, depending on guidance received from the faculty advisor (who may also recommend an additional major and/or minor). The breadth of courses below will not be required for all concentrations.
- BUS 395 – Business Analytics*
- BUS 395 – Investment Fundamentals*
- BUS 395 – International Finance*
- ECON 302 – Monetary Economics*
- ECON 318 – International Economics*
- ECON 320 – Financial Economics*
- ECON 402 – Industrial/Organizational Economics of Strategy*
- CSCI 140 – Business Computing
A variety of accounting classes are appropriate as well, but may vary based on career path interests. Please seek guidance from your faculty advisor.
*counts toward a portion of electives required in the business major
FIRMS ENGAGED ON CAMPUS
We help you discern your calling through programming events and engagement with firms on campus.
- Career panels
- Meet the firm presentations
- Networking events
- Resume/interview prep
- Macatawa Bank
- Travelers Insurance
ENTRY LEVEL + INTERNSHIP
- Commercial credit analyst
- Client service associate
- Financial advisor
- Forecast analyst
- International finance intern
- Pricing intern
- Risk management intern
- Treasury management intern
- Venture capital intern
- Wealth management intern
- Chemical Bank
- Edward Jones
- First National Bank
- Grand Angels
- International Justice Mission
- JP Morgan Chase
- Mercantile Bank of Michigan
- Willis Towers Watson
96% of our graduates are employed or pursuing graduate school within six months of graduation.
Van Zoeren Hall41 Graves PlaceHolland, MI 49423