The Hope College Connection Live events provide opportunities for current Hope students
to meet and receive advice from alumni in specific fields.
Our goal is to introduce students to the multiple opportunities that exist not only for their education, but for where they choose to live and work.
- The Hope College Connection Live: The Art of Networking | November 3
Many people express being uncomfortable when interacting with individuals they do not know, let alone attending networking events. Growing one's network requires time, effort, patience and commitment. During this virtual event, alumni panelists will share their personal advice as well as share tips to make it easier to meet new people (in person and virtually) as well as open the door to new opportunities through networking.
In addition to our panlists insignts, alumni will have the opportunity to share their perspective as well as answer student questiosn or submit one of their own.
- Bekah Fehsenfeld '18 | Key Account Manager, iRhythm Technologies, Inc.
- Taylor deRoo '05 | VP of Strategic Relationships, Worden
- Jesus Romero '16 | Global Talent Acquisition, Amazon
- David Lee '09 | Development and Communications Officer, Lighthouse Immigrant Advocates
This is a drop-in event intended as an informal time of listening and sharing. Co-sponsored by The Department of Economics and Business, Alumni and Family Engagement and the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career. The Zoom link will be sent to all registered guests prior to the event. Register today!
- The Hope College Connection Live: Building Community for Lasting Change | October 4
People become part of communities to learn, to share experiences and to connect with more people. Communities in the workplace can be used for re-alignment, to get motivated, to find empathy and so much more! So where does one begin? How does one enact or react to change within their community? Join us to listen in on a group of Phelps Scholars alumni willing to share their advice on building community and being an agent of change. In addition to our panelist’s insights, all alumni will have the opportunity to share their perspective as well as answer student questions or submit one of their own.
- Diego Romero ’09 | Elementary School Principal | Sheridan School District No. 2
- Luis Silva ’10 | Human Resources Business Partner | Geiger
- Alejandra Gomez Limon ’18 | Immigration Paralegal | Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
This event is co-sponsored by the Phelps Scholars Program, Alumni and Family Engagement team, and the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career at Hope College.
- The Hope College Connection Live: Chemistry in the Health Industry | February 12
Calling all chemistry alumni working in or interested in a health related industry. During this virtual panel-style event, students and alumni learn and share practical professional insight about careers, skills and experiences that are important to obtain as you consider opportunities in the health field. This event is co-sponsored by the Department of Chemistry, the Alumni and Family Engagement team and the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career at Hope College.
- The Hope College Connection Live: Sports & Recreation | March 10, 2021
Students and alumni meet and discuss life after Hope and look at the world of sports in a new way!
- Kasidee Karsten ’13 - Social Media & Content Manager | NFL Players Association
- Angelique Gaddy ’17 - Former Compliance Specialist, GVSU Athletics | Current Regional Admissions Representative, Hope College
- Andy Frushour ’99 - Director of Brand Management | Michigan High School Athletic Association
- Stephen Cramer ’07 - Owner & Coach | Cramer Basketball
- Brandon Siakel ’11 - Strength & Conditioning Coach | US Olympic Committee
This event is co-sponsored by the Hope College Athletics, the Alumni and Family Engagement team and the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career at Hope College.
- The Hope College Connection Live! Industry Focus: Non-Profits | March 30, 2021
If you find yourself called to spend your days helping people, working for a cause or improving your community, working in the nonprofit sector might be for you. Engage with a group of alumni willing to share their advice and the amazing career pathways within the nonprofit world. This event is co-sponsored by the Department of Sociology and Social Work, the Ministry Minor, the Department of Psychology, the Alumni and Family Engagement team and the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career at Hope College.
- The Hope College Connection Live: Tools for Tackling Micro-Aggressions in the Workforce | April 12, 2021
This event is co-sponsored by the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, the Office of Alumni Engagement and the Boerigter Center for Calling and Career.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th StreetFloor 2Holland, MI 49423