Donor Bill of Rights
The Hope College Office of Philanthropy and Engagement subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights.
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created in 2001 by the American Association of Fund Raising Council (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Association of Fundraising Professionals, (AFP), and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.
Hope College respects the privacy of its benefactors and constituency and maintains strict confidence about its benefactors. The Hope College Office of Philanthropy and Engagement retains and updates personal information, including name, mailing address, telephone number, email address as well as self-reported information. Information is used only by Hope College to assure accurate records and to assist the college in its programs.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th Street2nd FloorHolland, MI 49423
READY TO SUPPORT HOPE?
Looking for ways to get involved? Explore your options.