The generosity of the Hope community of alumni, parents and friends is life-changing
for our students. We appreciate and celebrate the impact our donors have on our students.
- 1866 Community
The 1866 Community was launched in 2019 to honor and encourage consistent, annual support of Hope. Members include anyone who has made a gift, in any amount, for at least three consecutive years and includes major benefactors as well as donors who have made more modest annual gifts.
How do I become a member?
- Donors join the 1866 Community by making a gift of any size, to any part of Hope’s campus, for three or more consecutive years
- Students can join right away by making a gift of any size (beginning 2019)
- Donors can also join right away by choosing the recurring giving option (beginning 2019)
- Faculty/Staff can join right away by giving through payroll deduction (beginning 2019)
Some 1866 members have given annually for 30 or more years. Whether it is two years in a row or 30, consecutive support is vital. Faithful donors are the foundation of Hope’s success. Please join this dedicated group of Hope supporters.
How am I recognized?
All current 1866 members receive special courtesies throughout the year:
- Occasional tokens of appreciation that can be used to display membership
- Recognition at events
- Updates outlining the impact of your Hope support
- Invitations to campus events
- Dimnent Heritage Society
- In the end, it's about Hope students. By becoming a member of the Dimnent Heritage Society, you will join 700 classmates, community members and friends of the college who are helping to increase the quality of a Hope education while keeping it affordable. Learn about membership in the Dimnent Heritage Society.
- Your Impact
- “My favorite thing about Hope is the community atmosphere. All of my peers, professors
and members of the Holland community are so supportive and want to do all they can
to help Hope students succeed. It is because of your willingness to invest in my future
that I am able to study at Hope. My aspirations are made more tangible by your support,
and that means the world to me.”
“I compete for Hope because I believe in what Hope Athletics stands for. We are encouraged to become involved in other organizations and clubs that will help us grow as young men and women. I am grateful that I can have meaningful relationships with my teammates and coaches that go beyond my sport.” —Andrew ’20
“Thank you so much for contributing to my education, enabling me to attend Hope! Because of your generosity attending Hope has become more attainable!” —Ashley ’21
Investing in Hope students provides them with unlimited possibilities. Your faithful and generous giving makes a difference. Students like Michaela, Andrew and Ashley can succeed and thrive because of you.
- Contact Us
The Donor Relations and Annual Giving teams are passionate about thanking and celebrating the donors who support our students and this place we love, Hope! Please let us know if we can assist you.
- Amy Borgman
- Tricia Cranmer
- Sabina Otteman
- Kim Swartout
The Hope College Office of Development and Alumni Engagement subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights.
DeWitt Student Cultural Center141 East 12th Street2nd FloorHolland, MI 49423