Place Materials on Course Reserve
The purpose of course reserves is to facilitate student access to readings and other materials for classes at Hope College.
To Put Materials on Reserve
- Please plan ahead. Any material you would like to have available for your class during the semester should be placed on reserve prior to the beginning of the term. This helps ensure that your materials are available when you need them.
- Complete the Reserves Request Form for each course for which you need reserve materials. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Course Reserves Policies
- Allow the library a minimum of one week to process the materials for your course. Only specially trained staff are able to process reserves.
- The library will place materials on reserve that we currently have in our collection and/or personal or departmental copies of resources. If there is material you would like to request to be purchased, please consult your liaison librarian to determine if the resource falls within the library’s collection development policy. We do not provide multiple copies of books.
- If you would like to duplicate a reserves list that you have used previously for a class, please select that option on the Reserves Request Form. Reserves are for physical resources only. For library electronic resources, you may link those directly through Moodle. For assistance, contact CIT.
- The library will take all materials off reserve at the end of each semester unless multiple semester usage is indicated on the form or other arrangements have been made between the professor and the Circulation department.