At the library, we like to think of ourselves as a trusted partner on your journey of self-discovery and learning. We offer a range of services, but they all share a common goal: to help you find what you need.
- Ask a Librarian
- Circulation & Borrowing
Van Wylen Library loans materials to the Hope College community and the general public. The Circulation Desk is located on the first floor of the library and is open during all hours of library operation. For assistance, visit us in person, call 395-7905 or send an email to email@example.com
- Borrow from Other Libraries (ILL)
With Interlibrary Loan (ILL), you can borrow items not owned by Van Wylen Library. Before requesting anything through ILL, make sure to check our library catalog. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery. Our participation in MeLCat, the statewide lending service, has been suspended until late Fall. For more information, see this blog post.
- Media & Project Services
The Media Services Desk and TechLab are located on the second floor of Van Wylen near the entrance to Van Zoeren Hall.
- Media Services: The place to borrow equipment, buy supplies, including flash drives and earbuds, get your project laminated, bound, or printed in color.
- TechLab: A specialized computer lab, staffed by student tutors, that supports academic technology projects and assists with digital content creation. You can also get help with creating posters, submitting projects for print, or get help with setting up printers.
- Citation & Plagiarism Resources
Our proudest moments come when we help you to cite your sources properly. Here are some hand-selected resources for your betterment.
- Zotero: A Firefox plugin or standalone application to help you collect and store citations for research and later use. Log in if you already have an account
- EndNote Web: A complete, cloud-based bibliographic management and source documentation system to help you collect, organize, and use citations
- EasyBib: A simple online tool for generating citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, and other formats
- Chicago Manual of Style Online: Covers all aspects of academic writing and publishing, including citation guides for notes and bibliographies
- KnightCite: For quickly generating single MLA, APA, or Chicago Style citations to copy and paste into your document
- Purdue OWL: Get help with MLA, APA, and Chicago Style citations
We are also experts in preventing plagiarism.
- Using Tech at the Library
The TechLab is a place to utilize project software and get help from trained students. It is especially useful for creating presentations and editing images.
Equipment Lending: We have MacBooks, Chromebooks, iPads, video cameras, adapters and other gadgets available for you to borrow. Ask for them at the second floor Media Services Desk.
Printing: There are public printers on the first and second floors of the library. To print to them using your own computer, follow these instructions.
Wireless: WiFi is available throughout the library. To gain access, use the network key.